"Once upon a Train"

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Virginian, Apr 28, 2001.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

.. as Paul reached for his magic ax, "I am going to restore you to your rightful size, your royal highness." Yes folks, it's true, the formerly 200 foot tall "president" was in fact was really King Alphonso who while on a tour of the west, made the mistake of kissing a frog who asked for his help, allowing the frog to become a prince and the King to become, well, rather tall. As Paul waved this ax, the King reverted to his normal 6' 6" stature. The King replied, "being eternally greatful for this transformation, I now decree....
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That this be called Paul Bunyon day, a date that will trancend time...a date that will be remembered throughout history as the day......
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Casey ran that durn 5:15 up the grade and backwards with a full load and a red hot boiler. Paul just blushed a bit and wondered...
  4. N Gauger

what was so special about that?? I can do something better!! I can.....
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

..I think I can, I think I can, no, I can, yes I can said the Little Engine that Could. Paul remembered that line from his childhood since he was a tyke of only 45 feet tall, and now he will prove it. "yes", he said, "I'm changing careers here and now; and so he gather up a basket of green apples, and proceeded to...
  6. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

climb on top of the rail car (he never would'a fit inside) and as Casey blew the whistle they rode off into the sunset. And so was born the legend of Paul Bunyonseed. As everyone cheered them, someone hollared "Hey, they done left us out here in the sticks without any transportation!" "Don't worry," the railroad president (the real one) said. "We'll just.....
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

...wait until Paul Bunyonseed comes back to pick up his blue ox and the apples he forgot to load on the train. When they get back, we will be...
  8. N Gauger

Headed west again....or was that east.... Maybe it was North - Yeah That's It!! I always wanted to se Canada at this time of year... All concerned hopped the 5:10 and headed North - To The land of The Canuks...The land where they would be sure to find.......
  9. ausien

ausien Active Member

A warm reception, one way or another but then....
  10. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

there was Val, in the midst of one of her famous BBQ's and the 5:10 had to take yet another detour, not because of Val's cooking but because...
  11. ausien

ausien Active Member

she did not have enough steakes on the grill so paul bunyonseed said lets go to the store and buy some more and val said.....
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

"Wow! I seem to have landed right in the middle of a story! Say there, Mr Bunyonseed, mind if I call you Paul? You shore are......."

;) Val
  13. ausien

ausien Active Member

A handsome devil and soooooooo tall. He looked down from his full hight of 200 feet and said with a smile a mile wide....
  14. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

...that's not a blue ox you have there on your grill is it?" His smile kinda turned to a frown as he...
  15. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

considered the possability. "No wy Jose'" Val replied. "All you get here is top notch Angus." Paul grinned and said,".....
  16. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

..."Angus? That wouldn't be Angus McPherson the hotshot rail engineer from across the pond?" "Why yes", says Val. "He's just sitting on the grill right now because...
  17. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

... Thaddeus Shinplaster, his fireman, bet him 50 bucks he couldn't last 5 minutes."

Thaddeus grinned a crooked smile and laughed "The dang fool's been on there about a minute and a half now, but it looks like........."

Val
  18. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

"...once you light that there fire, he ain't gunna last two more seconds." Casey decided he had enought of this dang foolishness. It was time to get fed and move on, after all, the 5:10 was now about 45 days late, but when he...
  19. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

tried to get Angus to move so the steaks could get to grillin' Angus yelled, "Ain't no way I'm a'losin' $50 just so you can get some grub in yer gut." To which Casey replied. ".....
  20. ausien

ausien Active Member

I`ll shift im, couse this ear train aint moving an inch till I`ve had my fill of the little ladies prim angus steaks and I`M hungrey, with that casey.....