"Once upon a Train"

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
We're all havin' so much fun with the story line in progress, I thought maybe we might try to keep two runnin' silmultaniously!, without getting the two mixed up...or, ummmm..
There are outlines to this one though...It must stay on the train, that is, within the framework of a trip from here to there, while on board...a passenger train, oh, let's say we bend some time/space and let it be anytime from the invention of Steam to the present.
Characters must be someone who would be/has been on such a train, amateur or professional. and with that, let's begin:

"Once upon a train, a very quiet, but apparently nervous Professor was..."

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
clutching tightly a black bag (like the old west Doctors bags). He was talking with Elvis about...

[You said no time or space, pro or amatuer that's been on a train.]
biggrin.gif

Biggerhammer

Mar 22, 2001
Concord, NH 03301
Visit site
... card-carrying member of the Grand Benevolent order of Pinkertons, I'm pretty much required to turn anyone in who...

(bit of reference- Pinkertons were an organized crime family [I think!])

[This message has been edited by Biggerhammer (edited 05-04-2001).]

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
..thesis,"The Minimum Necessary Curvature", rolled up, clutched in his left hand. Thick as it was, he didn't think it would be a very effective club, even though he'd used the concepts contained there in as an intellectual battering ram at 'The....(fill in the blank) Convention', held every year at...

Biggerhammer

Mar 22, 2001
Concord, NH 03301
Visit site
(replying to myself? Have I bored you all to sleep here?)
... "Alternatives to Paper in the Academic Environment" and was carved on slate. His thoughts were disturbed by Jesse's muttering, though, as Jesse launched into an emotional soliloquy.
"These long breaks in the conversation really get to me," Jesse grumbled. "I feel like it's been more than a week since anything's happened here! I really hope that this doesn't turn into another..."

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
..... Jesse couldn't remember. Because "dead men tell no tales". Nobody has ever returned from Dead Man's Curve. Jesse, being the psuedo hero he thought he was, proceeded slowly up the track on Level 1. Left click, right click, scroll further into the curve... fight off the.....