On30 Newbie

sluggs

Sluggs,
What I have going on, currently, is helping to build a 1/35th scale military diorama for GCLaser, so we can display our "ammo crates" at the ihobby show in Rosemont, Il.. Onec that show is over, I might be able to spend a little time with narrow gauge.

I love military dioramas, but then I could go on forever about stuff I love.... thats why model railroading works for me, it can have a little of everything :cool:

nkp174

At some point...I'd like to build a military diorama. I wish I'd thought ahead when I was in Britain and purchased my OO stuff in the GWR livery instead of the BR that I did get. That would make a cool diorama...or perhaps even a small layout for future kids to run Thomas the Tank Engine on while playing with toy tanks and such. :twisted:

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
sumpter250
Perhaps you can help? I have "volunteered" to help my 1:35 scale military modelling brethern add some "animation" to their spring displays. The animation since I am the train guy is to be in the form of a 1:35 scale WWII Henschel 0-4-0 60cm gauge locomotive and a few cars. I have been trying via the internet, bricks and mortar libraries and magazine back issues to find/buy a three view of the locomotive sufficient to let me build a running loco. I will fudge it a bit in that I will use HO track and mechanisim which is closer to 577 mm gauge rather than the 600mm gauge used, but it seems close enough for Government work. At any rate, Sumpter, any ideas or hints as to a source for the Henschel drawings/plans?

Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
Will

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
p.s. It was an issue of model trains my dad gave me that tickled my punny sense and that is how I came up with MT Hopper, didn't know about the minkey
p.p.s I am guessing the Sumpter is a reference to the Sumpter Valley Rail Road, but the 250 beats me

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
Thanks Triplex! NOW I can say, "Oooooh! That 250!". Nice looking mallet.
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
Will

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
p.p.s I am guessing the Sumpter is a reference to the Sumpter Valley Rail Road, but the 250 beats me
Whether standard gauge, or narrow, I like articulated steam locomotives!
The Sumpter Valley Railway, ran through some spectacular scenery, and would be a great line to model. The SVRY #250 is one of the two (SVRY # 251) largest narrow gauge locos to ever run in the continental U.S.. They were the former Uintah 2-6-6-2T's # 50, & 51. Choosing "sumpter250" as a screen name was a natural.

nkp174

And it will soon be available in On30 (as well as On3)...
Precision Scale Co., Inc.
click on coming soon, new announcements, and then on Uintah/Sumpter Valley 2-6-6-2.

The Colorado and Southern was considering new power such as a similar 2-6-6-2 or a 2-10-2 in the 1930s. Shame they didn't build theirs.