On Track, with Deano

UP SD40-2

nutbar:wav: WOW!!!:eeki: , that Mountain(4-8-2) is just SLAP AWESOME!:eeki::thumb::thumb:

Is that engine yours, or one Wayne has recently got?:confused:
i just love the Vandy tender:winki: , and i am wondering if an all-weather cab will be put on that engine:twisted: .

THANKS for posting those pics nutbar:thumb: .

steamhead

Deano..That's an awesome Hiawatha....That F7 sure makes it great...And the observation car is like no other..!!! Thanks for posting...:thumb:

That H10 is a beauty too....:wave:

cn nutbar

Hi Deano---I recently picked up this locomotive at the LHS in St.Catharines---During the last couple of trips to the store,I saw this engine and for the life of me,I can't explain why I would be attracted to a Union Pacific steam locomotive :confused::confused::confused:---Anyway,I asked Doctor Wayne what he thought about the possibility of the EG&E purchasing second hand power and one thing led to another and before I knew what happened,the engine ended up on the roster---I like the looks of the engine as is,so I don't expect any cosmetic changes---maybe I'll just add a CNR logo on the tender and leave it at that :cry::cry::cry:
Here's another shot in the original scheme

ege4865005.jpg

thumsup

Hi Deano---I recently picked up this locomotive at the LHS in St.Catharines---During the last couple of trips to the store,I saw this engine and for the life of me,I can't explain why I would be attracted to a Union Pacific steam locomotive :confused::confused::confused:---Anyway,I asked Doctor Wayne what he thought about the possibility of the EG&E purchasing second hand power and one thing led to another and before I knew what happened,the engine ended up on the roster---I like the looks of the engine as is,so I don't expect any cosmetic changes---maybe I'll just add a CNR logo on the tender and leave it at that :cry::cry::cry:
Here's another shot in the original scheme

ege4865005.jpg
Hey Nutbar, I picked up one too, but I had to put it back and step away.sign1

Joe :thumb:

Nazgul

Deano......I'm glad that you finally decided to post, Young man!

Attachments

• Angry wife.jpg
    Angry wife.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 125

UP SD40-2

Kurt, THANKS for the complement on the rib-side hopper:smilie: , i plan on doing a quick weathering on it this week:winki: .

Gus, Jim & Matt, GLAD you guys liked the pics!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Todd, that engine is one of my favorites:thumb: , its one of UP's Veranda Gas Turbines:mrgreen: , sadly, none of them exist today:frowns: .

Charlie, i am GLAD you got some work done on two engines, and built two car kits:thumb: , feel free to post them, i would love to see them:winki::smilie: .

i have finished the Loksound decoder install, and have edited & uploaded the pics, i just have to write it up, i plan on doing that tonight:winki: .

nutbar, WOW!:eeki: , no wonder why i liked your new engine so much, its a UP:mrgreen::mrgreen: . IT doesn't matter what road you put on it, i cant wait to see it painted, it will make an OUTSTANDING addition to your engine roster:thumb: .

Steve, you always seem to come up with the craziest stuff:p:mrgreen::mrgreen: .

tetters, i am not sure just how long that engine is:confused: , but i think its every bit as long as my Big Boy:eeki: .

ON MY SIDE OF THE TRACKS...
Quite a bit has been going on:mrgreen: , i have been searching folders of rail fan pics i have taken for UP boxcar pics for Todd:smilie: , sadly so far i have only found one:eek:ops: , UP boxcars are hard to find up here, most of the boxcars they use are Railbox,or from fallen flags, and most of the freight UP uses up here are various types of hoppers and Autoracks.
Anyways, heres one for you Todd...

DSC08063.JPG

I also found a few engine shots i haven't posted:twisted::mrgreen: ...

DSC015222.JPG

DSC01524.JPG

DSC08060.JPG

DSC003171.JPG

DSC08295.JPG

AND, a couple shots of the Metra we took to Chicago:thumb: ...

DSC00792.JPG

DSC007971.JPG

I spent five hours rail fanning yesterday, not real eventful though:eek:ops: .
ICE runs real early in the morning, so i missed them, but headed to Janesville to catch WSOR, they have a lot of action going on through the day:winki: , i stopped by UP's North Chicago Service Center(formerly the "Harvard Yard" ), but it was pretty dead there:frowns: , UP in my area comes alive in the late afternoon and evening.

i ended up taking quite a few shots at WSOR, here is just SOME of what i seen:winki: ...

DSC02826.JPG

DSC02828.JPG

DSC02833.JPG

DSC02855.JPG

DSC02854.JPG

DSC02853.JPG

DSC02849.JPG

DSC02859.JPG

Last night i installed my Loksound decoder in my FM CPA16, you just cant beat Loksound, that engine sounds SLAP FANTASTIC!:thumb::mrgreen:

i took pics of every step of the way:winki: , and already edited them and uploaded them, now i just have to write up the tutorial, i plan on doing so tonight:thumb: ...

DSC02884.JPG

DSC02942.JPG

DSC02960.JPG

I will be working on my GERN today and tomorrow, and perhaps a weathering on a car or two:winki: .

WHOLLY SMOKES!:eeki: , i hope that was enough pics to keep you folks happy for another week:twisted: ...or so:119: .

Till next time...Stay on track!:smilie:

UP SD40-2

Enough for a week. Heck Deano that is enough for a day. LOL. :D Great Pictures.
:119: ...:toug: ...:mrgreen:

I just posted my Proto 1000 FM CPA16 "Hardwire" tutorial at the bottom of this page HERE , for those interested:winki::smilie: .

steamhead

Deano...Great railfanning..!!
Those Metras look like survivors from when we used to ride from La Grange into Chicago....As I recall, they were run by CB&Q back then.....(Looooonnnngg time ago.....:eek:)

UP SD40-2

Deano...Great railfanning..!!
Those Metras look like survivors from when we used to ride from La Grange into Chicago....As I recall, they were run by CB&Q back then.....(Looooonnnngg time ago.....:eek:)
THANKS GUS!:mrgreen: , GLAD you liked the pics:thumb: .

CB&Q...:eeki: ...CB&Q..:eeki: , NO SIR!:cry: , those Metra cars are from Metra's Harvard line(Harvard to Chicago) , 110% CNW Gus:thumb::mrgreen: . that line was CNW tracks, now owned and operated by the UP:winki::mrgreen: .

bdw9535

:thumb:Started going thru your thread, quite impressive modeling, photo's and storytelling. How do you find the time to do all this?

Bruce

cnw1961

Deano, great pictures as usual. Those MP15ACs look very nice in their new WSOR livery.

Hey, see what the postman had in his bag for me :twisted:.

up454.jpg