On Track, with Deano

doctorwayne

The trees look great, Dean - very full and lush, similar to what they look like around here, too. :thumb::thumb: Oh, and the diesels look pretty good, too. ;):p I especially like that RS-1 - I always think that they look like a first cousin to a steam loco. I recognise the GP30, but what are the other two?
It's never bothered me to risk looking stupid, so I'll hazard a couple of guesses: 2142 looks like a GP38-2 and the 762 could be a GP35. Or not! :rolleyes::-D:-D:-D

Wayne

UP SD40-2

The trees look great, Dean - very full and lush, similar to what they look like around here, too. :thumb::thumb: Oh, and the diesels look pretty good, too. ;):p I especially like that RS-1 - I always think that they look like a first cousin to a steam loco. I recognise the GP30, but what are the other two?
It's never bothered me to risk looking stupid, so I'll hazard a couple of guesses: 2142 looks like a GP38-2 and the 762 could be a GP35. Or not! :rolleyes::-D:-D:-D

Wayne

Wayne, THANK YOU for the complements, coming from YOU, that really means a lot to me:winki::smilie: .

As for the two diesels in question, you are...100% CORRECT ON BOTH!!:thumb::mrgreen: .

**Just a note folks, i have a few "rust buckets", and real dirty engines, but you'll notice those posted above are not in such bad a shape. to often many of us get caught up in weathering and think ALL engines and freight cars are grimy rust buckets, fact is, thats just not the case. sure, there is a lot of well used stuff out there, but really you have to have some variety to make things right:winki: .

Take the three local roads close to me for example, UP, WSOR and ICE, really, these roads do an OUTSTANDING JOB keeping their engines pretty darn clean for the most part, just look back a few pages in this thread and you'll see what i mean:winki: .

i just thought i would throw that out there:winki::smilie: .

(Rock work by my GOOD friend Steve(Nazgul):thumb::mrgreen:
SPENG.JPG

Mobile home park

Hey Deano, since you go to Janesville quite often you must go past that mobile home park on the corner of Riverside Dr. and Townline Rd. Does it still look in good shape? One of my girlfriends from 65+ years ago lives there.

Just curious
Lynn

cn nutbar

Hi Deano---you're scenery is as spectacular as your locomotives---I really like the look of those trees---I'll be looking for some at the LHS for my layout---that RS-1 is a beauty---your earlier model diesels are my favoutites---thanks,Nutbar

Triplex

I especially like that RS-1 - I always think that they look like a first cousin to a steam loco. I recognise the GP30, but what are the other two?
It's never bothered me to risk looking stupid, so I'll hazard a couple of guesses: 2142 looks like a GP38-2 and the 762 could be a GP35. Or not!
Right on both counts. For the GP35, the confirmation is in the fans: large-small-large, exactly like a GP30. The 38-series can be identified by two fans (not three equal-size as on a 40-series) and the filter box making a hump in the roofline (without that box, it's a 39-series).

UP SD40-2

Lynn, i don't go to Janesville that way, i take 6th ST.(Afton Rd ), but i DO know exactly where you are talking about:winki: , yes, that trailer park is still there:thumb: .

nutbar, THANK YOU so much for the complements:smilie: .

Triplex, THANKS for adding in the tell-tale signs that distinguish those two engines:thumb: .

DSC00780.JPG

DSC006551.JPG

CNWman

CNW Fan
trophy.jpg

:inw: For your mantelpiece – you deserve it :inw:​

You should put this in your sig, Deano, to show the world!:p

Those are some amazing B/A shots Deano, you almost perfectly nailed the angle for #4053 in both those shots!

Oh, by the way, what's that other engine coupled up to the nose of #4025 anyways? Is that one of those Soo "Bandit" switchers or something, cause I see a black strip on orange on the mystery engine's nose...

UP SD40-2

You should put this in your sig, Deano, to show the world!:p

Those are some amazing B/A shots Deano, you almost perfectly nailed the angle for #4053 in both those shots!

Oh, by the way, what's that other engine coupled up to the nose of #4025 anyways? Is that one of those Soo "Bandit" switchers or something, cause I see a black strip on orange on the mystery engine's nose...
THANKS CNWman!:mrgreen: , and that trophy Kurt made was SLAP AWESOME:thumb::mrgreen: , Kurt IS TRULY one of the BEST guys i have been fortunate enough to have become good friends with:winki: :worship: :mrgreen: .

Well, i guess your right on the identity of the engine that was in front of #4025:119: (i have never heard them referred to as "SOO bandits":confused: ) . i blew my picture up to see the number on the front, its #1503:thumb: , sure those engines AT ONE TIME were owned by the SOO, BUT REALLY, ALL 6 of those MP15AC's that WSOR now owns ORIGINALLY WERE MILWAUKEE ROAD engines, as you can plainly see from the colors that they STILL proudly wear:thumb: ....well, except for #1501:119:

**Be sure and stay tuned for MY AFTER SHOTS of THESE ENGINES...as soon as they get painted:winki::mrgreen: . Sadly, i don't have pics of all 6 of them, but i was able to get the before shots of these:thumb::mrgreen: .

W5.JPG

o5.JPG

mil1503.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

Sarge_7

Thanks to DeanO's greatly appreciated tour last week, I can show a pic of one of these beasts myself.:mrgreen: Thanks for the visit Dean:thumb:

100_0176.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Well, i guess your right on the identity of the engine that was in front of #4025:119: (i have never heard them referred to as "SOO bandits":confused: ) . i blew my picture up to see the number on the front, its #1503:thumb: , sure those engines AT ONE TIME were owned by the SOO, BUT REALLY, ALL 6 of those MP15AC's that WSOR now owns ORIGINALLY WERE MILWAUKEE ROAD engines, as you can plainly see from the colors that they STILL proudly wear:thumb: ....well, except for #1501:119:

I got the term "SOO Bandits" from an Athearn ad in MR for their MP15AC's or a similar looking model, which had an image of one Milwaukee Road schemed switcher with scant black lines all over it with "SOO LINE" on said lines, and they were refered to as "Bandit" scheme MP's. And I agree that 1501 is no longer a "Bandit", it's an Unpainted Overland brass model, as you said yourself!:p

UP SD40-2

Thanks to DeanO's greatly appreciated tour last week, I can show a pic of one of these beasts myself.:mrgreen: Thanks for the visit Dean:thumb:
Jim, WOW!!!:eeki: you got an AWESOME SHOT of #1502:thumb::thumb:
I was hoping you and your dad had a good time:winki: , though the visit was short, i had a real good time with you guys:thumb::mrgreen: , i was just hoping that i didn't bore you folks to death:eek:ops::119: .

I got the term "SOO Bandits" from an Athearn ad in MR for their MP15AC's or a similar looking model, which had an image of one Milwaukee Road schemed switcher with scant black lines all over it with "SOO LINE" on said lines, and they were refered to as "Bandit" scheme MP's.
CNWman, i seen those Athearn models at one of my local hobby shops last weekend:thumb: , but i didn't notice what they were called. Athearn did a decent job on weathering those too:thumb: .

Since we are on the subject of WSOR, here are a couple shots i haven't posted. i take a lot of pics of #4025 because i really like this engine:mrgreen: , but if you guys are getting sick of seeing it, please let me know:eek:ops: .

EDIT: just a thought, which engine do you folks think looks better, #4025 OR #4053?:confused: , just curious:winki: .

DSC00066.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

DSC004061.JPG

DSC00603.JPG

steamhead

Great engine shots, guys....If I was going to buy either one of those engines (models, of course...) I think I'd take #4053....

zachary

hi deano nice shots sorry i havent been checking in as i habve ive been kinda busy on my own layout took me 14 years to finaly start and im am so into it i havbent been on my comp lately im goingto the lhs tommorow to get some scenery stuff im going to try and post some pics but i havent ever done that till next tiam zachary

UP SD40-2

Kurt, & Jim, i guess I'm with you guys, #4025 is the winner:thumb: . a couple things that make #4025 so neat are its the ONLY WSOR engine that has a silver bottom, and its the ONLY WSOR engine that has a different front hood paint scheme:winki: .
Gus, #4053 is a close second for me:mrgreen: .

4025right.JPG

DSC008851.JPG

Jim, nope, i have NOT posted a pic of the Robert Hoesly tribute engine yet, YOU are the FIRST to post that engine on this thread:thumb: . HOWEVER, i DO have pics that i have taken of ALL THREE tribute engines that WSOR has...did you honestly think i wouldn't have them:mrgreen: , HERE THEY ARE:

#1- #4078 the Robert Hoesly engine...

DSC00865.JPG

#2- #4009 the Lucy Stone Gardner engine, she was James Gardner's wife that sadly passed away due to cancer:frowns: ...

DSC00887.JPG

#3- #3801 the Richard M Scallion engine...

DSC00844.JPG

...BTW, Dad has the model of the Richard M Scallion engine:thumb:

DSC00897.JPG

Matt, THANK YOU for the complements:mrgreen::smilie:

Zachary, NO APOLOGIES NEEDED for not stopping in lately:thumb: , i am SO GLAD to hear that you have started your layout!:thumb::thumb::mrgreen:
if you need me to walk you through posting pics, just let me know, i would be MORE THEN HAPPY TO HELP:winki::smilie: .

SHEEW!!!, i have been posting a lot of red & silver lately:toug: , i think its time to put some harbor mist gray and armor yellow into this thread, in Prototype, and model:winki: .

504k.JPG

DSC09201.JPG

This pic IS NOT the same pic that i posted in this weeks "Photo Fun" thread, but it is from the same photo shoot:winki::mrgreen: .

DSC00791.JPG

I am currently working on weathering a covered hopper:mrgreen: , thats about it,
Till next time...Stay on track!:winki:

UP SD40-2

Well...its been quite some time since i weathered a freight car:eek:ops: , on the bright side, (looks over at a pile of about 19 freight car kits) i have a few more to practice on:119: :eek:ops: .

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00959.JPG

DSC00947.JPG

doctorwayne

Nice weathering job on that PS-2, Deano. I especially like the distressed lettering and the "patched" paint. Covered hoppers are among my favourite car types. Who's the manufacturer of your model?

Wayne

UP SD40-2

THANK YOU so much Wayne:mrgreen: .
i got the patch idea from all the freight cars i have been seeing around here lately:winki: , MMWX is real, but i have no idea what it stands for:eek:ops: . the covered hopper is an Athearn:thumb: .

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00959.JPG

DSC00947.JPG