On Track, with Deano

Kevinkrey

NICE STUFF THERE DEANO!!

Never seen the DMIR car before! But what else would you expect me to find in ALL those GORGEOUS photos?sign1

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Great Photo's Deano. I completly forgot that they had a PRR GG1. It was nice to see her again in the photo. Thanks for sharing them with us. :D :D :D

UP SD40-2

THANKS GUYS!:mrgreen: , i am GLAD you liked the post:smilie: .

Heres a couple shots that didnt make the post...
DSC00899.JPG

DSC00903.JPG

oldsteam.JPG

dog1.JPG

DSC09684.JPG

DSC09705.JPG

UP SD40-2

Jason, THANKS for posting that link:thumb: , and Josh, THANK YOU for posting the link to HO scale butter dish cars:thumb: .

i wasn't aware that anyone made them, sure glad to see they are available:thumb::mrgreen: , those cars are so neat, i wonder why i have NEVER seen any of those models before?:confused:

Triplex

An IC Mogul... is that one of the ones that went to Bevier & Southern?

And whose is that 2-10-2? Can't make out a roadname, but the tender reminds me of some KCS power.

Nazgul

Deano
Great job, my friend!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
What a tremendous place that must be to see in person. So many awesome engines all in one place!

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

steamhead

Steve....Good to hear from you...How's things coming..? Drop in more often....

Deano...Love that Milwaukee Road E (??) unit....

cnw1961

OK, I know I am a bit late to vote (I could not go online since the beginning of this week, because my computer crashed. After I restored the system, I found out that the DSL modem did not work anymore. The modem is provided by the phone company, so I had to wait until they checked it and sent me a new one :curse:wall1wall1), but it is
#2 – show us more!!!!!!!!

Deano, your photos from the IRM are fantastic and I can’t wait to see the next set of pics. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi Steve, nice to see you :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
What a tremendous place that must be to see in person. So many awesome engines all in one place!
Steve, It is a great place! IRM is about 1-1/4 hours (worst time) from my home, and I get out there occasionally. What I like most is the availability of "prototype" to study for any of the models I'm working on.
Deano, great pics! In the shot of CNW #411, the depot is out of frame to the right, and the baggage car, behind the power poles, is the souvenier shop. Multiple train rides come with the entrance fare, including the electric cars.
The barn with the static, steam loco displays, is one of my favorite haunts. I also was able to get the details of the steam generator for an Alco( passenger ) RS during one trip there.
Pete

UP SD40-2

Jim, THANKS!:mrgreen: , the last few shots are below:winki: .

Triplex, to answer your two questions:
1- i am sorry, but i don't have a clue:119: .
2- that 2-10-2 is an SP:winki: .

STEVE!!:wav:
1- REAL GLAD you stopped in:mrgreen: .
2- GLAD you enjoyed the show:thumb:

Gus, that Milwaukee Road engine is an F unit:thumb: .

Kurt, well, thanks for voting, though the show is over:toug::mrgreen: . as for posting any more pics, i am really going to the bottom of the barrel on these(look below):eek:ops: , NOT GOOD at all:eek:ops: , but perhaps some will find them interesting.

Pete, you are about the same distance from the IRM as i am:winki: .
THANK YOU for the added info i forgot to mention too:thumb: , there is just so much there, i forgot to mention it all:119: .

the LAST unposted shots i am willing to post:119: , and i am hitting the bottom of the barrel on these...not good quality:eek:ops: .

DSC00773.JPG

DSC00605.JPG

DSC00608.JPG

DSC00720.JPG

Since Kurt is a Baldwin fan, heres that Baldwin, RUNNING!:eeki::thumb:
DSC00760.JPG

DSC00804.JPG

DSC00859.JPG

...AND since I'm a UP fan:mrgreen: , we will leave with this shot of the other side of that UP snow plow i posted, one side of it looks OK, but this side...well...:eek:ops:
DSC02685.JPG

THATS IT, THERE IS NO MORE:eeki: ...thats good enough to post anyways:119: .

steamhead

Hey Deano....No need to apologize for those pics....Trains is trains..!!! :thumb:
If you've got more...let's see 'em....

That Baldwin unit would have put the N&W in a predicament...Which end is which..?? :mrgreen:

About the "E" unit....Goes to show you my diesel-spotting skills still need a little polishing....wall1

cnw1961

Deano, thank you for that Baldwin :thumb:. It is a pity that no one makes an affordable plastic model of it.

Oh BTW, talking about plastic models. Did you see that Athearn is planning to do a Genesis UP Gas Turbine in 2009? http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Jim%20from%20Valencia%20CA/2008718191742_DSC09575.JPG
And I even found a prototype picture of this experimental gas turbine from 1953. Here is the link (though I am sure, you already have this pic in your vast UP archive): http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/upl9.jpg

Triplex

But not the big centercabs. The ELS, last I heard, only has one switcher in regular use. SMS has a number of switchers and one AS-616. Incidentally, I haven't seen any new photos of their fleet in the past year.

jbaakko

True. As far as I can tell, ELS still has 2. a DS-4-4-1000 and an RS-12. I know for sure the RS-12 is running.

UP SD40-2

Great pics Deano, thanks for taking time for the tour:thumb::thumb:
Jim, THANK YOU!, i really appreciate it:smilie: . it took a great amount of time to put the "IRM" post together, being a dial-upper didn't help either:roller: . the truth is, i did that post TWICE, the first time i was doing it i was 6 pictures from finishing it(out of over 80 pics), but i hit the wrong button, and lost EVERYTHING:eeki::frowns: . I was so ticked off i was just going to quit, but Wayne's "pep talk" got me to redo it that night:thumb: .

Hey Deano....No need to apologize for those pics....Trains is trains..!!! :thumb:
If you've got more...let's see 'em....
THANKS GUS!, GLAD you liked them:thumb: .

Deano, thank you for that Baldwin :thumb:. It is a pity that no one makes an affordable plastic model of it.

Oh BTW, talking about plastic models. Did you see that Athearn is planning to do a Genesis UP Gas Turbine in 2009? http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/Jim%20from%20Valencia%20CA/2008718191742_DSC09575.JPG
And I even found a prototype picture of this experimental gas turbine from 1953. Here is the link (though I am sure, you already have this pic in your vast UP archive): http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/upl9.jpg
Kurt, WOW!!!:eeki: I didn't know that turbine was coming out:eeki: , its got my name on it though:mrgreen: . THANK YOU for the link to that turbine pic too:thumb: , i didn't have that pic, but i do now:twisted: .

Great Pictures Deano. :D
THANKS Matt!!:mrgreen:

Josh & Triplex, THANKS for the interesting info on the Baldwins and ELS:thumb: .

On my side of the tracks...
After work, i headed over to WSOR's yard in search of Fallen flag freight, WHAT LUCK:mrgreen: , there were three strings of CNW coal hoppers there, about a total of 25-30 cars. notice the graffiti primed over, good way to get rid of that rubbish. i posted some of these in the "Fallen Flag freight" thread, here's one of them...
DSC00928.JPG

Here's an oddity, check out the paint scheme on this side of the RailBox...
DSC00937.JPG

Now heres the other side of the SAME Railbox(check the #'s:winki: ) ALSO, notice how the top of the roof is pushed up from forklifts pulling cargo out of it.
DSC00945.JPG

Here's a composite mech reefer, not much rust is going to be on this car:winki:
DSC00940.JPG

I was just about to leave WSOR, when these four UP MP15's FLEW by on the interchange track, man they were going fast. i have noticed since the MP15AC showed up at the Harvard sub, its always the engine on the point, then the MP15DC's, i wonder if the AC is better then the DC's, or just a "new toy":119: .
DSC00948.JPG

DSC00949.JPG

DSC00950.JPG

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

After that i decided to head over to UP's yard, i noticed they put a new sign up too...
DSC00976.JPG

I went to the North end of the yard first, not much anywhere up front to get shots of:frowns: , i DID notice about 8-10 Dash-9's & AC4400's in the middle of the yard, but sadly i have no access to that part of the yard, LEGALLY.

Hey folks, sure i am all about trying to get the best shots i can:thumb: , but UP's yard is HUGE, and VERY BUSY, so getting in there, well, it just don't happen without getting busted. ALWAYS REMEMBER FOLKS, saying "Well Deano(insert excuse here)...." DOES NOT hold up in a court of law:119: , so when railfanning, DON'T BREAK THE LAW:winki: . ANYWAYS, i went to the South end of UP's yard, it was slam packed with Autoracks, i found this neat Fallen Flag there...
DSC00984.JPG

Well, that sums up todays trip:thumb: .

Sorry for all the rail fanning pics lately, haven't been modeling much:eek:ops: , i have a few new cars to build and weather, among MANY other projects:roller: , just need to get motivated to do them.

Till next time...Stay on track!:winki: