On Track, with Deano

zachary

deano awesome pictures and thanks for the recomendation on the steamers i may get one of those after i get my layout going is there any chance you have any maps of the janesville yard im going to be modeling a locomotive repair shops and am tring to get ideas till next time zachary flowe

CNWman

CNW Fan
DSC08619.JPG

How is that replica staying up there?!? I'd think that even a good little breeze would knock it over, and even if that was somehow prevented the city council would make up a reason that it's not safe. Still, it's really neat!:thumb:

logicman

Greybeard
Hi, Deano!

I'm drooling over that aerotrain.

The way you casually throw it into the thread - it's like:
"Here's my pictures of the dog and the grandkids and the Faberge egg."

Great photos, and I mean the whole thread! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

:wave:

UP SD40-2

Scott, THANKS!:mrgreen:
WOW!, i hope you take plenty of pics of that guys UP collection, i would love to see it:thumb: .

Jim, THANK YOU!:mrgreen:

Zachary, THANKS!:mrgreen:
I am sorry, but the last i knew, there was no engine repair/service buildings on the Harvard sub yard:cry: . its been two years since i have been "in" the yard, but I'll check on it when i go there on Saturday, two weeks from now:thumb: . if your looking for UP engine servicing buildings, i highly recommend looking up "Jenks Yard", thats UP's largest engine servicing facility:winki: .

CNWman, you have asked many good questions:thumb: , sadly, none of them i can answer:119: . i will say this, i have been back home for 8yrs, and the FM replica was put up there sometime while i was living in Florida, since i have been back we have weathered many storms, and no problems with it yet:thumb::mrgreen: .

logicman, THANK YOU!:mrgreen:
I'm GLAD you have enjoyed the pics in this thread:thumb: , stay tuned, there will be MANY MORE:winki::mrgreen: .

Steven, AWESOME SHOT of #760:thumb: , i have posted so many pics of it in this thread, i didn't have any that was "unposted", THANKS for posting yours, it brought some "freshness" to the subject:thumb: .

OK FOLKS...
Just curious, which do you like better, the Areotrain, or the Pioneer Zephyr?:confused: i have the pics of my Areotrain in the above post, here are some of my Zephyr...let me know which you folks like better:smilie: .

THANKS! :deano: -Deano
zep2.jpg

zep1.jpg

PIONEER_ZEPHYR.JPG

zachary

deano thanks ill look up that yard and both of those trains are awesome but ive allways liked the zepher a little bit more till next time zachary flowe

viperman

I've always liked the Zephyr, especially since I rode on it (short ride at IRM) back in elementary school probably 15 years ago), but that Aerotrain is just so cool

Deano, I think I have shown you that picture of 760 before, when you told me the history your family has with it. Not sure if I've posted it on here before or not, but I figured it was an appropriate time for it. Glad you liked it. And feel free to save it to your computer

UP SD40-2

THANK YOU!:mrgreen: ...to EVERYONE that put their two cents in on "which do you like better, the Areotrain or the Pioneer Zephyr":thumb:

I think our buddy logicman had the prize winning answer:thumb::mrgreen: :
That's like asking a man if he prefers living or breathing. sign1

They both still look so futuristic!

Quite honestly, i think BOTH of those engines were way ahead of their time, and are STILL AWESOME looking today:winki: . i have had the pleasure of being inside the Pioneer Zephyr(in Chicago), its really AWESOME inside of it, the "tour" was real "cheesy":roller: , it was given by a collage student that didn't give a darn about the engine, but being inside it made it worth it. i took a front shot of it, pictured below:winki: .

On my long list of things to do, i want to check out the Areotrain in Green bay(also to see the Big Boy they have up there).

As for which one i like the best, i would have to say the Areotrain wins the prize, but only by a hair:winki: , that 50's look is just SLAP AWESOME:thumb: .

Josh, the Zephyr you were referring to was the "Nebraska Zephyr", it was not one of the choices, but still, VERY COOL in its own right:thumb: , that engine is the VERY LAST E5 known in existence:eeki: , i taken several pics of it, I'll post one below:mrgreen: .

I know i have been dragging my feet on the Tsunami tutorial:119: , I'll get it up this weekend:winki: .

THANKS AGAIN FOLKS!:smilie:

:deano: -Deano
clv1.JPG

Pioneer Zephyr
zephyr.JPG

Nebraska Zephyr
E5.JPG

zachary

awesome shots deano that nabraska zepher is pretty cool ive allways liked those streamlined locos till next time zachary flowe

logicman

Greybeard
Oh! Wow!

Great photos - and thanks for the kind feedback. :mrgreen::thumb:

Hey! I'm supposed to be a steam buff. But those beautiful locos have got character!

Hey! Did someone mention 'big boy'? Drooooool!

I came to zealot by way of researching 'big boy' and found Kooklik's thread here:http://forum.zealot.com/t156862/#post800045

I've 'lurked' for ages, but now I've joined. There's so much to enjoy here.
I am sure that Kooklik would enjoy seeing any photos you take.

Any chance of you taking some shots of 3.1192? Or is it just a little out of your way?
The French National Railway Museum, Mulhouse

Thanks for giving so much enjoyment.

UP SD40-2

Zachary, THANKS:mrgreen:
I too like the streamliners:thumb: .

Gus, you bet theres a stop sign there now:thumb: , i totally missed putting one there until you pointed it out, THANKS:smilie: .

logicman, WELCOME ABOARD!:thumb:
AWESOME pics of those foreign steamers in your link, THANKS for posting it:thumb: . i live a world away from there, wont see any pics i have taken of those.

I have posted on kookliks thread:winki: , quite an undertaking, i couldn't imagine making a Big Boy out of card stock:cry: .

besides having TONS of diesels, i have a few steamers, i have posted them all here & there in this thread:winki: . for steamers i have:
1- Big Boy
2- Challengers
2- AC12 Cab forwards
1- Y3
1- F-E-F Class 3 Northern
1- Pacific
1- ten wheeler
1- 0-6-0
:deano: -Deano
E9A_E8B.JPG

E6A.JPG

steamhead

I was going to suggest that....

If I had known about this museum....I would've made it a MUST SEE when I visited France a few years back...:cry: