On my way!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by JoeGrapes, Feb 11, 2007.

1. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

Well, I've got the track all down and my first engine is on the rails and running around slicker than........lol I spent about 2 hours at a local train shop and the guy was great. He helped me out and answerd all my dumb questions. He gave me a good deal on the engine I really wanted, a K-Line Allegheny and a TMCC conrol system. We ran the engine around the shop layout while he showed me the in' s and out's of TMCC. I gotta say though that while the RailSounds are really cool and they sound great on this engine, after a while I just had to turn them off. I work in noise all day long so when I come home silence is golden,lol Now for the cars.
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

So when do we get to see pics of this bad boy? ;) Good to hear you've got a hobby shop that will take the time to work with you on what you want and then show you how to use it. Wish I could be so lucky.
  3. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Joe, Glad to here you found a good LHS. BTW I don't think it breaks any forum rules to name the shop when you find a good one. May help someone else starting out. TMCC is the way to go & might as well start out with it. Enjoy.
  4. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

A picture? Right now it's just a single track running around the room. I have some scenery to do yet, but I am already thinking of a way to add a siding so I can have a freight and passenger train on there. The shop I bought the engine from is the Locomotive Works in Wilson, NY. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Hey Joe I don't care much about the Gingerbread. Lets see the trains. :)