Older (Wooden) Grain Elevator Dimensions?

Lighthorseman

I was wondering if anyone had some rough dimensions (feet) of a grain elevator similar to the one pictured below. It looks like a fairly easy scratchbuild, and I could use one (or two, or five...:))

Thanks!

Attachments

• airdrie.jpg
    airdrie.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 130
Steve, a few years back I scratch build a Canadian prarie grain elevator from plans that I got out of one of the mags, don't know which one it was at this moment. I know I still have the mag downstairs in the archives. I used it and a picture of a superdetailed one that Brian Pate did and won at the NMRA contests quite a ways back. I, so was my friend, very pleased the way it turned out, had the grain elevator and storrage building, Working nights for the next few so when I get a chance I'l get down and see if I can find it and let you know as soon as I do. Ron..

TrainClown

I can help

Hi there

PM me your e-mail address and I will send you the plans I made to make one. I made mine out of cereal bord and I am very pleased with the results. Then you just need to print out the plan and stick it to the card stock, cut it out and stick it together.

TrainClown

jim currie

there was a article in one of the model mags. that told how to come up with rough plans from photo. use somthing of a known common size on or near structure like a door or a window a utility pole that will give you a bases to go from to draw your own plans.will see if i can find that article again and post where it is.