Old time photo?

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Trying to make one of my photo's look a little old time, so I played around on the computer and came up with this. What do you think.

Shamus

Attachments

• sfox38fa.jpg
    sfox38fa.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 181

csxnscale

May 9, 2002
Belgium
Visit site
Great but,

My suggestion is if the rope arround the picture was not in color but black and white it should be better.
As a second tought if the picture and the rope would be in sepia, that would remaind me of the pictures I saw at my late grandfathers home, telling his life years ago.
Just my opinion.

Paul

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Excellent picture and also beautiful arrangement with the rope. I like it!

B&W pics are one thing, but changing this into a sepia print gives it the real touch of an old photograph, say, from the beginning 20th century.

I used to tone b&w photographs to a sepia color in the darkroom by treating them with some chemicals. Today it is of course much more comfortable with a computer - and it stinks a lot less! :D :D :D

Just got such a pic down from the wall and scanned it in. Only now I detected that it aged even more, aquiring a blue-greyish hue in some parts. Now it look REALLY old. (BTW, I made it in 1978.)

Ron

This is the archbar truck of a D&RGW boxcar, standing on a disply track beside the Gunnison CO depot in 1977 - together with C-16 #278 and a Caboose. (Note that there is no fishplate between the rails, which aren't nailed to the ties, either! Sloppy trackwork, even on a display track, I'd say! :()

Attachments

• archbartruckbrown.jpg
    archbartruckbrown.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 167

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ron, Really nice photo of an archbar truck from that boxcar.Love the details.
Shamus

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Kewl!

Well, this city-slicker has finally wandered into the logging domain and I'm glad I did. That's a really neat treatment Shamus! A nice mix of old-fashioned and new-fangled tech! Isn't Photoshop fun?

cheers
:D Val

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Re: Kewl!

Originally posted by spitfire
Well, this city-slicker has finally wandered into the logging domain and I'm glad I did.

Gee, Val, I figured a schmardt gal like you was lurkin in the back garound raht here all along.
gap.gif
gap.gif
gap.gif
This is where all the real action is!
gap.gif
gap.gif
gap.gif