philip

Attachments

• dewitt clinton.jpg
    dewitt clinton.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 110

Mike R

Philip; welcome.
I enjoyed the print.
I think there are a couple of the-gauge members who actually rode on that train, maybe they could let us know how rough-riding those coaches were ???
;) ;) ;)
regards / Mike

Vic

Not old enough to have ridden the Dewitt Clinton but I have ridden behind the replica of the Best Friend of Charleston which was very similar.....sorta like riding in an auto with worn out shocks:D :D :D

P

philip

OK.. I realize these images are a little large. This one is a mogul What RR used this type of power?

philip

Attachments

• mogul wwa.jpg
    mogul wwa.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 90
Many US and Canadian roads used similar locomotives, although in the '60s thru the '80s some roads had a prejudice against locos with 2-wheel pony trucks, so the 4-4-0 was the most common wheel type then.

It's difficult to tell from the picture, but judging from the proportions of this 2-6-0, I'm guessing it was narrow gauge.

BillS

P

philip

Any info on this one? Where is the tender? Is it oil fed? Road name?

philip

Attachments

• mt.jpg
    mt.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 62
P

philip

For Bill Stone

I want to thank Mike , Vic, and Bill for some of the history on these threads. I appreciate you taking the time to look. Anyone else feel free to comment on the photos. This is the last photo. The old prints belonged to my father. Have been packed away for 40 plus years. My dad died in 1958.

thanks again, philip

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 52
The Dewitt Clinton (should call it "The Twit Bill Clinton") LOL reminds me that we need to pick up a new HO model for my dad. His burned out and is dead as a door nail.

On the 2-6-0 without a tender: This is a "tank" loco. The water was carried in those tanks each side of the boiler, and the fuel, either wood or coal, was carried in the box behind the cab. This has the look of a (pre-electric) suburban loco, although most of them had a pilot and a headlamp at each end, so they could run in either direction without being turned at the end of the line. The very limited fuel supply also dictates short runs.
BillS