Old Newbee

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
Hi.. As pension time fast approaches the thought of dusting off boxes of N-scale equipment that has been stored in the basement for 15 or 20 years has become an exciting possibility.
I used to like spending months creating a lay out on 4' by 8' s but once completed i kinda lost interest and started over with another layout mainly due to the fact that creating the little world was great but the actual running it was full of problems,the main one being the tracks kept getting dirty resulting in poor running engines and rolling stock would usually derail when going over turnouts.i'm hoping to solve these problems in my upcoming model train revival:wave:.

trainnut65

Feb 17, 2006
Hello and welcome back to the hobbie. I hope you can get all the old troubles fix this time so you can run some trains on the next layout, And welcome to the Gauge forums to.

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
Being out of touch with the world of model trains for some 20yrs i was wondering what significant changes may have occured.I always wished that they would come out with a remote control train that doesnt use the tracks to get power.last time i was into the hobby there were no computer websites,can any one give me some must have links for the beginning enthusiast..Thanks

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Welcome to The Gauge! We're all waiting for that radio controlled train but I think you'll find that the development of DCC is close. Each loco has a decoder inside and is run individually. Different locos can run at different speeds and in different directions on the same track.
Ralph