Old Con-Cor (Kato) n scale Alco PA-1 part

salpiner

Dec 22, 2007
Loco is about 25 years old. I am in need of a drive gear for one of the trucks. The gear itself has about 30 "points" on it. Anyone have an old exploded parts diagram that could help with a part number? Or somewhere I might be able to find the part? Thanks.

salpiner

Dec 22, 2007
Frank:
Thank you very much for your reply. I was concerned that a part this old may be unattainable. I love this PA; it got my dad and me started in the hobby many years ago!
Steve

Bones

Apr 11, 2007
Lower Alabama
Does any part of the model or original box say "Sekisui" on it?
I am assuming this is a 'Con-Cor by Kato' PA, but just wanted to verify.

If it is - Which gear do you need? The cup gear that engages the motor? One of the tower gears? One of the idler gears in the trucks?

Which ever it is, I've got it. I can send it your way for a couple bucks. PM me if interested.

blackwidowfan

Jan 5, 2008
Byesville Ohio
part number

Steve,
The spur gear is #0009-200012
worm shaft set 0009-200011

Hope this helps. I have a pa minus a motor that I keep for parts. I would suggest getting the parts from Bones..

Frank

Bones

Apr 11, 2007
Lower Alabama
I may have one motor left. I'll check once the household is awake. I believe I removed it due to crumbling magnets, but I am not 100% positive.
I feed off the 'broken' and "don't run too good" boxes at the LHSs. So, I go through a lot of parts.