Old Coach at Hearne, TX Service Facility

roryglasgow

There is a car service facility to the west of Hearne, TX. This old coach was sitting up front. I don't know anything about her... She has LCRX on the side by the door...

Attachments

• oldcoach1.jpg
    oldcoach1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 105
  • oldcoach1.jpg
    oldcoach1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 105

roryglasgow

Coupled to the coach is this little tank car. I dunno... Was it there for convenience, or what?

Attachments

• oldcoach2.jpg
    oldcoach2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 100
  • oldcoach2.jpg
    oldcoach2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 100

Partsman

LCRX reporting mark is "Lower Colorado River Authority". Hmmmm ... maybe an office car, Rory?

GATX is, I think, "General American Marks Company"

roryglasgow

Bill,

I started doing some research on the web to find info on the coach. So far I've found sites that claim that LCRX belongs to both the Lower Colorado River Authority and the Luzerne County Rail Corporation. Other information I've been able to glean from various sources is that there has been a push to establish passenger service in that area to New York City. Details are scarce, though. Perhaps they are refurbishing the coach for commuter service? Or maybe it's an office car, like you suggested... I may end up having to call these folks just to satisfy my curiousity!

That little tank car interreges me. Any chance of some end shots or 3/4 views of either end? I have a model of a shortie like that, and need to see what the coupler pockets and draw bar looks like.

Greg Elems

roryglasgow

Greg,

I'm afraid that we only got two shots from the side. We took the pictures from the roadside. If you would like the full-sized photos (1600 x 1200, 428KB and 503KB) send me a PM with your e-mail address.

You can usually get some details on GATX cars on their website at GATX Reports Online. Unfortunately, they do not appear to have any info on that little tanker... :(