Old boys railroad in Sweden

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Hi there everybody!
We are two old fellows in southern Sweden that builds a model railroad layout in a cellar. The theme for the railroad are: Have fun :thumb:
We gladly mix swedish rolling stock with US and don´t bother about it. We simply have fun.
You can see our layout at our website. Please sign our guestbook if you visit us :)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

Great work, I really like the clean look of those control panels. And noe I don't feel so alone running European equipment with my American locos and cars...:thumb:

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
shaygetz said:
Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

Great work, I really like the clean look of those control panels. And noe I don't feel so alone running European equipment with my American locos and cars...:thumb:

I think some of those Marklin Models are awesome looking,especially the ones modelled after trains from the third reich,very attractive and I wouldn't mind having one.

Nice layout also!

Chris

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Welcome, from one old boy to another. Nice to hear from you. I worked in your country in 1991 and was surprised at the number of model railroaders that I met.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
I worked as a field service rep for Boeing. I was at Arlanda Airport, with Lynjaflyg airlines. I lived in the community of Mearsta, about five kilometers from the airport. Please excuse my spelling of the the Swedish names.

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Jim Krause said:
I worked as a field service rep for Boeing. I was at Arlanda Airport, with Lynjaflyg airlines. I lived in the community of Mearsta, about five kilometers from the airport. Please excuse my spelling of the the Swedish names.
I´m familiar with Arlanda and Märsta because many years ago I worked at the fire brigade at Arlanda airport. I also worked as a firefighter at Bromma domestic airport south of Stockholm.

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
We have some american diesels and they all are going very well but this loco is number one. A lot of muscles but moves like a lady, with grace...
sd70m.jpg

We believe it´s a SD70M but we are not sure so could someone tell us if we are right or wrong? :)

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
yeah, thats definitely a C44-9W.

EMD locomotives ( such as the SD70M) have a different style cab, and they don't have the winged radiators.

the winged radiators are a feature of GE locomotives.

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Triplex said:
For more information on identifying locos, why not check out our Trainspotter ID forum?
Okej! I´m new at the forum and I didn´t know about this ID-forum. Now i know and will take the time I need to update my database :)
Thanks for the tipTriplex