okay, it's not exactly a kit, but...

the micromodels builder

Card Model Designer
Jan 17, 2007
Wisconsin
okay a few weeks ago, I received a micromodels disc in the mail all the way from England. So I thought I'd put up my review here.

Well, I've built up 6 models so far, and they've all turned out great. Except for the Duchess class locomotive though. The cards are nice and clear on the PDF format, and they print out as accurate sized as possible( about the same dimensions of the original cards themselves!) The instructions are nice and clear and tell you exactly what to do. This disc is for building up micromodels locomotives, by the way.:)

I give this disc a 10/10 rating.

It's great for anyone who'd love to build up micromodel locomotives or simply wants neat little paper models of british locomotives (and locomotives from other countries too;))

(NOTE: if this isn't the place for this review, it can be moved or deleted.)

the micromodels builder

Card Model Designer
Jan 17, 2007
Wisconsin
okay a few weeks ago, I received a micromodels disc in the mail all the way from England. So I thought I'd put up my review here.

Well, I've built up 6 models so far, and they've all turned out great. Except for the Duchess class locomotive though. The cards are nice and clear on the PDF format, and they print out as accurate sized as possible( about the same dimensions of the original cards themselves!) The instructions are nice and clear and tell you exactly what to do. This disc is for building up micromodels locomotives, by the way.:)

I give this disc a 10/10 rating.

It's great for anyone who'd love to build up micromodel locomotives or simply wants neat little paper models of british locomotives (and locomotives from other countries too;))

(NOTE: if this isn't the place for this review, it can be moved or deleted.)

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
I was wondering if you have photos of any of your builds from this disc...I would love to see how they came out. I don't think I can see too many pictures of paper models, let alone micro models!:grin:

I have many of the ship series and hope to build a few of them in the near future. The instructions are rather short but to the point, some of which is also found on the inside of the original wrappers. I really like the look of the originals so will probably scan them for building rather than loose the originals, since they are fairly rare.

Cheers!
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
I was wondering if you have photos of any of your builds from this disc...I would love to see how they came out. I don't think I can see too many pictures of paper models, let alone micro models!:grin:

I have many of the ship series and hope to build a few of them in the near future. The instructions are rather short but to the point, some of which is also found on the inside of the original wrappers. I really like the look of the originals so will probably scan them for building rather than loose the originals, since they are fairly rare.

Cheers!
Jim

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
I agree.
I have all Micromodels and I give the entire collection a big Spinal Tap 11/10.
Considering they were hand drawn, considering Geoffrey Heighway had no google to reference.

I have noticed several mismatches, but not a single one was unfixable or noticeable.

Get them all...well worth it !:grin:

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
I agree.
Considering they were hand drawn, considering Geoffrey Heighway had no google to reference.

I have noticed several mismatches, but not a single one was unfixable or noticeable.

the micromodels builder

Card Model Designer
Jan 17, 2007
Wisconsin
thewoodengraver said:
I agree.

Say, uh have you ever built the Duchess class locomotive? There's a thread about it in the help section. You can reply to it there or here;)

the micromodels builder

Card Model Designer
Jan 17, 2007
Wisconsin
thewoodengraver said:
I agree.

Say, uh have you ever built the Duchess class locomotive? There's a thread about it in the help section. You can reply to it there or here;)

the micromodels builder

Card Model Designer
Jan 17, 2007
Wisconsin
yep, I do have fun while building these models. Right now I'm working on the Princess Coronation class locomotive from set MII. It's going together really nicely. The front wasn't nearly as tricky as I thought it'd be.

the micromodels builder

Card Model Designer
Jan 17, 2007
Wisconsin
yep, I do have fun while building these models. Right now I'm working on the Princess Coronation class locomotive from set MII. It's going together really nicely. The front wasn't nearly as tricky as I thought it'd be.