OK, whadja get??

spitfire

Okay folks, let's hear what you got for Christmas. I got some clothes, a videogame and some cash which I'm taking directly to the LHS. How about the rest of you "good boys and girls"? Was Santa good to you this year?

Val

railohio

My train stuff isn't in yet. Santa-dad blames it on the snow storm. *GRRRR*

What I got so far:

Music:
Jimmy Buffett - License to Chill
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Dave Matthews Band - Busted Stuff
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

DVDs:
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Wolf's Rain Vol. 3: Loss

Books:
A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett

I guess I'll amend this post when the train stuff gets here! :D

shaygetz

A bandsaw, a lazer level, a cold tip soldering iron and two very nice cigars. My littlest ones gave me chocolate and a caroling group for my Christmas garden. Oakland's up by 7 so we'll see how the rest of the day goes... ;) :thumb:

trainworm

i got a bunch of Beavis and Butthead DVD's, I Robot and Chronicles of Riddick DVD's, a 13" TV-DVD player for the 18 wheeler, and a soft sided case to hold all my DVD's.

but the best present was the one i got for myself. it's an HO scale Oriental Limited brass Erie SDP45 that i am going to modify and paint into a Southern Pacific SD40M-2. i know i paid too much for it, but i have been looking for 2 years to find a good SDP45.

siderod

The N-scale gods were on my side this year, and santa knew the odds were against him...so, he broke down and bought me trains!

They never got wrapped, as i was with santa at the time of purchase. Thus far, i've recieved.....

~Black ATLAS CN 90-ton coal hopper with load.
~New M/T Brown CN 100-ton coal hopper with (poorly coloured) load
~A package of ATLAS Track nails (my prefered method of attachment on home layout)
~10-pack of M/T Barber Roller Bearing Trucks
~A package of 1144's for my scratchbuilt Borden's Milk Car.
~And a new ATLAS Turntable, via the E-Bay santa.
~ 3 Lengths of ATLAS Flex
~Package of ATLAS Bumpers
~Canadian Trains Calender
~DT400R Digitrax throttle
~A couple UP5's
~Digitraz Zephyr
~Subscription to both MR and TRAINS
~10-Pack of M/T Bettendorfs
~And some other "surprises"

I had to pay $150 on the Zephyr, but it's still a good present. Some of that is from my cousin, but the box hasn't arrived yet, and some of that is from my parents...wow...i scored!

The family is here now, and we just ate supper, so we move onto gift opening soon...might get more! And there's always boxing day with the other side of the family...so we'll see

My favorite cologne
A new wallet
Slippers
A new Thinsulate-lined chore coat
Clothes
and I bought myself a Bethlehem Car Works HO scale DL&W heavyweight baggage/RPO combine kit! :thumb:

2slim

Ummmm

Lessee,

N Scale:Got the KATO Zepher, a Walthers Union Station and sheds, couple of Micro-high dollar cars. Oh and an email tellin' me that my Lifelike GP-60's, (2 D&RGW & 2 SP) are on the way.

HO: Got a Lionel Veranda Turbine and 6 PK2 Mather double deck stockcars. A Walthers Champion Packing and Stockyards kit and 6 Walthers reefers.
Not too bad of a haul.
Thankfully my family learned long ago that the best gifts for me were money or gift certificates to my LHS. Sure don't miss the cheesy neckties or fruitcakes.. :thumb:

Hope all of you had a great day as well!!

2slim :D

Iron Goat

Santa was good to me this time around:

4 Kits (structures)
5 Kits (rolling stock)
Accessory tool kit (for my Dremel)
7.5" Circular Saw
and a BLI EMD NW-2 Switcher (delivery due in Jan./Feb. 2005)

It was a GOOD Christmas !!!!

Bob :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

K.V.Div

Non Trains:

- lightweight Jacket
- 2 bottles of Rye Whiskey
- Wallet (empty)
- Book: "When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?" by George Carlin
- Flashlight
- Reloading supplys
- DVD: Sharpe's Rifles
- Gift certificate for Home Depot
- 2 Boxes of chocolates

Trains (all N Scale):

- Atlas C 630, Canadian Pacific
- LifeLike SW8, Canadian Pacific
- Micro Trains Hopper, Canadian National
- Kaslo Shops, Canadian Pacific Wood Caboose Kit

I hope the rest of you did well :)

Cheers!

Terry:thumb:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I got
A Hess Collectable truck
A Sunoco Collectable Truck
A flat ceramic train - for putting on the rear of a shelf :)

And the really Cool Gift:
The Return Of The King DVD :) :)

SAL Comet

Gee, you guys must have been alot nicer than me this year. Ha Terry, trade ya a lump of coal for a bottle of rye?

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
A pocket watch with a cool train pic on the cover.
1/24th scale die cast,#88 Dale Jarrett with Arnold Palmer commertive paint scheme.
1/87 scale Athern SD-70M(look for in New Haven retro paint in the future)
and something from Better-Half best left to your imagination ;)

K.V.Div

SAL Comet said:
Gee, you guys must have been alot nicer than me this year. Ha Terry, trade ya a lump of coal for a bottle of rye?

Make it a bag of coal and your on Scott!!! :D :D :D :D
Have a great one!
Cheers!

Terry

So far the only Christmas present I've gotten, is to finally be able to be home for Christmas to see my daughter's smile when she opened up her presents. My parent's box hasn't gotten to us yet. :( The USPS says they work until you get your box on time. The military mail service says they work until 1600.:( Oh well, there's always Christmas monday! :D

F

Fred_M

An On30 Shay, 5 flashlights, a laser level, $25 LHS gift cert, a On30 boxcar, a long hug and kiss from my grandkids, and a 47 min call from a great friend. What more could I ask for? Yes, my wife got me 5 new flashlights, LOL, from a LED one that goes on my head to a rechargable 2 million CP halogen spotlight that shoots a beam a half mile. :eek: She got tired of hearing me complain about not being able to find a flashlight. Fred

Hey Fred! You must complain an awful lot about flashlights! :D But that 2 million candlepower thing must be some flashlight indeed!! :thumb:

For the last ten years, my very sweet 70-year-old mother, an avid quilter, has gotten contributions toward her hobby from me. She, in turn, sends me shopping for train stuff. Both our interests are pretty specialized, and that avoids returned, ho-hum gifts.

Well, this year, her "gift" to me was a vintage (ca. 1972) Paige Enterprises HO Scale kit, their #1011 Logging Tower Skidder! What a kit! Now I have to finish my trestle project this winter so tracklaying can proceed to the woods!

Merry Christmas all!!!

C

Catt

I got a $50.00 gift certificate to my favorite LHS (and a $5.00 off coupon) plus $50.00 in cash that will also go to the LHS. :D

Ray Marinaccio

I got a trip to the LHS, got some paint and ordered a bunch of Athearn and Detail associate parts.
A set of CDs of topographic maps of Arizona.
Santa brought the family a new 27" TV, 2 VCR-DVD players and about a dozen DVDs.