OK, wad-dew-I-dew-now...

ezdays

Out AZ way
nhguy said:
Those look like On30 models Bachmann produces. It's designed to run on HO track. Get some HO track and see if it is. They do make On30 track with the proper tie size and spacing.
Nope, it's indeed G scale, engine, tender and two cars are about 6' long. And it came with enough track to make me have to take out a wall in my train room just to run a simple loop. But to me, anything over 1:160 is large scale, even HO.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

How you guys work with such large machines is beyond my thinking, I've gotten so use to N that I can't fathom anyone able to work with parts on this large an engine :D :D :D :D

And yeah Jim, a "locomotive reducer" would be preferred. :wave:

Russ Bellinis

I had a buddy working at my LHS who thought he would make some extra income by doing custom painting. His first customer had an LGB mogul and some freight cars that he wanted a custom paint job and weathering on. My buddy quoted a price that he thought was reasonable, but would give him a reasonable profit as well. Then he started buying paint! As he told me, "Do you have any idea how much paint a large scale train can consume?" He ended up spending more for the paint than he got for the entire job. He decided to "retire" from custom painting.