Oh No! Not Another One: The Farm House Diorama

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been looking for something like these for awhile now.

To fix the holes I went over the areas with a small amount of light weight spackle. Since many areas were small the best tool I for the job was my finger.

abb.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I did some more coloring of the road. I poured some Folk Art Dark Gray on the road and then wiped down the road with the paint with a paper towel. I also did this with Folk Art Charcoal Gray.

abe.jpg

abf.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Looks like I have pretty much finished the road.

I dry brushed Folk Art Amish Blue over the entire surface. Next I dry brushed Light Gray for the wheel paths. I then went over it with a wash made from Folk Art Licorice. Lastly I used a wash of India ink and alcohol.

abg.jpg

abh.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I finally got around to doing some work on the diorama. I added some Earth turf around the road and along the ditch. The house shown is the Model Power built-up that will be the farm house. It just there for looks right now.

abi.jpg

abj.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It has been a while since I posted anything here. Well I finally finished something worth posting. I am almost finished upgrading the farm house.

I started with a Model Power Built-up. I repainted it and added window glazing. I then painted curtains and blinds in the windows. I also added detail parts such as a light and electric meter.

kdr_002a.jpg

kdr_003a.jpg

kdr_004a.jpg

kdr_005a.jpg

Next will be some weathering.