oh crud :(

N

nachoman

a year after I finished bashing an atlas turntable into a narrow gauge gallows style turntable, I finally installed it on my layout. To my dismay, it did not spin all that well, and it teetered enough that the engines would derail or hit a big bump going on or off the bridge. Seems I must have warped the deck during the bashing process - drat. Oh well, this gives me an excuse to build my own with a quieter motor and that doesn't stop so many times during a revolution!

kevin

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Sorry to hear that, but now we all know to be careful next time anyone tries the same project. You know what the say: you learn from your mistakes.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH! The next version will be great. Remember how long it too the Space Administration to actually get a first rocket to LAUNCH!? :)
Ralph

myltlpny

Yeah, I agree. It stinks when things don't work out the way we anticipate. It can be frustrating, but next time you'll get it right. I've had many projects I've completed, only to have the final project be less than desireable. Usually the experience I gain the first time around helps me get it right the second go 'round. Keep at it, it'll come.:thumb: