Off to Work

Shamus, I wish I could say "yes," but it's built from a SierraWest kit. If you're familiar with SW's kits, however, you know that they're about as close as you can come to scratchbuilding without actually drawing your own plans. Almost everything is board-by-board, board-on-board, and piece by piece.

I do have a scratchbuilt HOn3 tool caboose that I'll post a photo of when I get a chance.

Tyson Rayles

Casey in case you decide to update your railroad to a more modern time I thought I'd let you see what a modern state of the art water car looks like! :D :p :D :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• water car.jpg
    water car.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 72
Gave me a good laugh

I had to laugh, Tyson, and it felt good. I haven't had much to laugh about the last few days... tough times elsewhere....:rolleyes:

Anyway, I got to looking a little closer at those cars. Those tanks look like fertilizer tanks. The independent lawn service guys around here put those things in the back of their pickups and go spray folks yards. Anyway, a car like that would be a scratchbuilder's delight.

Tyson Rayles

The tank is made by Carolina Water Tank. That is the smallest they make. They stay the same diameter but get taller. Most of them are used to hook up to a spring as a water reservoir. I bought one several sizes larger for my spring. The contents of the one in the picture are water and algae. Not sure what they are using it for, hope not for the track crew to drink out of! :eek: Hope whatever's not going well gets better soon! :)