Off to GATS Atlanta!

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi All:
Our club, the Atlantic Coast S-Gaugers for you newbies, is going to have a 35'x 35' modular layout set up at the Atlanta - Great American Train Show this weekend, 3/15 and 3/16. It's at the Apparal Mart, 250 Spring Street, 11:00-5:00 both days. If you're in town, stop by and say Hi.

Regards,
Ted

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Well, buy me a few cheap cars for me to repaint for my railroad. I have to work Saturday and the rest of the time I have to look after my 34 week pregnant wife. She tried to go into labor earlier this week, so the train show is out of the question for me this week.

:(

Oh, well, I guess there is always next time.

Michael

lovering

Jun 11, 2002
Augusta,Ga
Visit site
GATS in Atlanta

Went to Atlanta show. Very disappointed.Nice layouts but weak selection.Place was hard to find,only two small signs at the door.Had to pay $10.00 to park. Don't know why they had the show in the middle of downtown, with no parking,considering all the other places in Atlanta. If you missed this show your lucky!

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Weird how every show is different, and you'll find different stuff at each one.

I went to Vancouver's last November, and was totally psyched. The layouts were pretty kewl, but the vendors just sucked (can I say that?? ). Terrible prices, and terrible selection.

The Calgary show blows it away. The only kewl things were the layout tours, and the clinics.

I'm totally psyched for the MOPAC meet in October this year, though.

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi all:
Yeah, Lovering, don't know why GATS went donwtown with this show. It was originally supposed to be at a venue north of downtown, up where 85 and 75 converge. The vendors were very dissappointed at the turnout, as were we, however, i go to these things so i can run my trains, talk with the guys in the club, and get S-gauge out in public so they can see our trains and help run our accessories. Mainly want to get across to folks how much fun this hobby can be, and let parents see how much fun their kids can have operating trains.

Oh, and if they happen to fall in love with S-Gauge, i won't mind!

Johnny Trainseed.
(Ted)

lovering

Jun 11, 2002
Augusta,Ga
Visit site
Atlanta GATS

Hey TR-FLYER
Thanks for the reply.I was glad to see S guage at the show. My first ever experience with model RRing was an S guage layout that belonged to my friend's older brother. I was hooked on the hobby imediatly,but chose HO.THat was in 1956. I see that you are in S.C. Do you live near Charleston? I heard they had a great show the same week-end as an Atlanta show. I would to know about future shows as we visit Charleston often. Thanks again. E

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi "L":
Don't know about the Charleston show. TCA just had a sale/auction in Columbia on 3/1. Not a big affair but about 30 vendors/sellers. It's become an annual event. Little bit of everything. GATS is coming to Greenville on 7/19 & 20 and to Columbia on 8/9 & 10. We'll be at both fo them. The Coumbia railroader club will probably have O, HO and N set up at the Columbia event. It was well attended when GATS was here two years ago. I'm in Cola town.
Regards,
Ted