Again, back to the Warbird :)

Warp nacelle(s), outside

IMGP0001.JPG

And inside

IMGP0002.JPG

And then attached to the upper wing

IMGP0003.JPG

IMGP0004.JPG

The crease part way down the spine is due to having to do some "open surgery" when some wiring broke :(

Work has started on the bottom wing, the nice thing is it looks like minor alignment issues can be corrected when it's all put together :) (I hope ;))

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I have uploaded all Zosho files I have except for the Intrepid Class Ship. I have several Voyager models but I cannot tell which one is Zosho's model. :(

Reactions: Cybergrinder

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
I have all of them in my archive. I'll upload the missing ones shortly. ;)

BTW, great to see you again, Marko! :)

Das kommt nur davon, weil du immer noch nicht bei FB bist, da würdest du mehr von mir sehen ;)

If i remembered right then Zosho had never finished/uploaded his Intrepid Class, also not the Prometheus Class, the Jemhadar fighter and his klingon Vorcha!
You forgot the Olympic Class to upload ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Excellent! :)

I'm wondering if the unfold could have been improved somehow. The shape is pretty difficult to achieve because the wing bends in two directions simultaneously. thumbsup

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

I'm wondering if the unfold could have been improved somehow. The shape is pretty difficult to achieve because the wing bends in two directions simultaneously. thumbsup

Everything can improved on. It's just a matter of how much time you wish to put into something, like seam edges, etc. In the end run, it's a personal decision, as in "Good 'nuff, it's a paper model and I got the joy I wanted out of building it". That's perfectly valid. There are others who wish to go the other route and make something extreme, and that's their joy. When there's no joy, then that's no good, so stick to what you like, improvement also comes with constant building. Personally, I am in the camp that careful seam alignment, as invisible as possible, makes up for glaring mistakes, as the mismatched shapes detract from the effort put into it. There's even an easy way out of that, sharp scissors, cut off anything that sticks out, or is out of alignment. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA

Yeah ...perhaps a radial unfold from the center out, might work better...

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks for all the feedback, I've also realised that I should have used a heavier grade of paper :(

The wings are tricky, but I will leave that to our master designers (@Revell-Fan , @Gandolf50 etc :)) to review :)

This model is also serving as a trial run for me building Zothso's work and ideas in lighting, kind of a beta build for the next project (@Revell-Fan , do not disclose! :))

Reactions: Gandolf50

Gandolf50

Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Thanks for all the feedback, I've also realised that I should have used a heavier grade of paper :(

The wings are tricky, but I will leave that to our master designers (@Revell-Fan , @Gandolf50 etc :)) to review :)

This model is also serving as a trial run for me building Zothso's work and ideas in lighting, kind of a beta build for the next project (@Revell-Fan , do not disclose! :))

Ooohh interest has been perked!!:wink:

Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Yeah ...perhaps a radial unfold from the center out, might work better...

Most of these models would be better build as half models, then join the two sides. The "Unfold" always comes out better that way. The halves can usually be joined virtually seamlessly, or if you're really craft, you separate it along a graphic line, concealing the seam even better.

This Cessna empennage of a Cessna 210 I designed demonstrates a similar technique, also, the blending of fold lines to form compound curves, and create a smoother body. The body halves lined up perfectly in the back section, where in fact it is straight, allowing for the removal of the "Curve" there. :)

empenagetest-jpg.101552

Gandolf50

Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Most of these models would be better build as half models, then join the two sides. The "Unfold" always comes out better that way. The halves can usually be joined virtually seamlessly, or if you're really craft, you separate it along a graphic line, concealing the seam even better.

Almost always work havsies... no sense modeling something twice... just have to make sure that when it is mirrored it is a copy and paste...or your textures will think they are on the same half and be reversed on the mirrored side. See that all the time especially with decals and text...