Odd Request

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shelbys_dad, Nov 28, 2007.

1. shelbys_dad

shelbys_dad Member

It's unreal how hard it is to find info on 1850-1890 loco's. I'm talking specifically about southern Romanian region of Wallachia. Very strange, I know.......but when is the last time anyone seen a locomotive from that area & era? I'm just curious is all.
    I've spent longer than I want to admit searching and all I come up with are currently active loco's.
  2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

3. shelbys_dad

shelbys_dad Member

:thumb:

Not old enough, but thanks!........................now if I can just find them in N, Hmm
  4. shelbys_dad

shelbys_dad Member

I may just have to change my ideas a bit cause I'm still unable to
    "gather intel."
  5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I have to ask. What prompted your interest in this particular exotic location and time period? I'm intrigued.
    Ralph
  6. shelbys_dad

shelbys_dad Member

Well, umm...........I have never in my lifetime seen anyone model that region. I thought about doing it in N scale on a door. Of coarse it would be a logging community as thats what they did in that region & era.
    I'm also tempted to scratch build this..and place it on a hillside
    [​IMG]
  7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Interesting! I was just wondering if you had some personal link to The Old Country or something. I'm imagining lots of mountain scenary. A castle like that would make an impressive model! Best wishes on your search for more infomation!
    Ralph
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

For modelling purposes, I think any old German/Austrian stock would be close. Even old English or American -- in HO Bachman's deWitt Clinton, Lafayette, or John Bull without the cowcatcher.
  9. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

Nor have I. Modelling before the late 19th century is quite sparse, and modelling Romania is even rarer. Actually, have I ever seen a single layout depicting Romania?