Odd hookup on the UP line

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
found this on the Up line in town the other day was headed towards Sioux City Iowa I would assume.
Just kinda odd to see!

Attachments

• upbnsf 2.JPG
    upbnsf 2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 151
  • up bnsf.JPG
    up bnsf.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 149

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
AHH...more shots(and GREAT shots too!:thumb: )of the "power pool":thumb: . MANY roads are in it now days;) . instead of roads that are in need of more locomotive power leasing units, they join in on the "power pool", this way the door swings both ways, when one road needs power, another will lone it, and vice versa:thumb:. :D -Deano

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Sometimes around here you'll see UP and BNSF together but most of the time it's KCS with BNSF power 97% used for coal service. We went by one of the UP yards off of I-20 in Shreveport today and I saw A UP train with a NS locomotive and another which was a bit strange looking for a CN locomotive. It was kinda light gray with CN and one spot with the white and black stripes but had a orange line dropping down from the cab and running along the base of the walkway all the way to the rear. The # was 6928 aand had a reporting mark of CW. Anyone know about this one?

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
if it was a grey unit marked CN, it was one of the alstorm leased rebuilds for the GTW lettered CN. there are also former KCS units patched to CN/GTW former CN units rebuilt in some cases