Oct 05 Contest, scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.
my first post for the contest

:D here it goes..... pics of swapshop/junkyard just out side of town and i snaged some pics of it. :thumb:

Attachments

• DIGI00195.JPG
    DIGI00195.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DIGI00215.JPG
    DIGI00215.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DIGI00265.JPG
    DIGI00265.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 114

Dan Crowley

Somebody say scenery

afm.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Union Pacific said:
I might as well not even enter :eek: :eek: :eek: good job:thumb:
Well, as usual, we're getting some good entries, it isn't any reason not to enter though. Some people win more than others. Some, like myself, win once in a blue moon or not at all.:rolleyes: But we enter anyway, just because if we don't enter, we are guanteed not to win.:cry: If we try and don't win, we at least tried, and we got to show off a bit in the process.:wave: And that's what it's all about isn't it?:thumb:

Union Pacific

I was aying it to make him feel good and it is a REALLY good photo ;) no matter how bad (like you sad once in a blue moon :rolleyes: ) its just for fun

ezdays

Out AZ way
Union Pacific said:
I was aying it to make him feel good and it is a REALLY good photo ;) no matter how bad (like you sad once in a blue moon :rolleyes: ) its just for fun
Yeah Ben, I know that's why you said what you did, but I didn't want anyone to get the idea that it's not worth entering either. :D:D:D:D The bar is set petty high but like you say, it's fun regardless...:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Kinda like betting your poker hand, knowing that you're beat, but you bet it anyway.... all in the name of fun..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Hey Dan, care to share with us how you got such amazing results? Maybe start a new thread about it? Huh? Huh? Willya Huh? Willya Willya? Pretty please? :cool: :cool: :D :D :thumb: :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Great entries!!! OK, My cheap camera came up with this pastoral scene.....

Attachments

• scenary2.jpg
    scenary2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 64

Union Pacific

looks pretty good if my flextrack order arrives (hopfully Fri.) then ican get crackin and finally finish something :rolleyes: :p :p I will photograph my engine facility instead of my hump yard since it will NEVER :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) get done

love all the entries and please start a thread Dan you don't want to get pm's saying"please start a thread" "please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread""please start a thread" every day. :D :D sooooooo you know ("please start a thread") :p

thanx,

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Dan,

Not entirely sure, but I am guessing that Ben (Union Pacific) wants a "how-to" thread. You can start it in the Photog/Scenery forum if you wish. There is also the Tips & Tricks forum if you think that is more appropriate.

Andrew
(Moderator)

RailRon

Dan, your landscape is simply great! :thumb: :thumb:
I might as well not even enter ...
Hey c'mon, guys and gals - show your pics, even if you can't offer such spectacular cliffs like Dan's. After all - to participate is the real fun of the game!

Since I don't have any scenery on my layout at the moment (still laying track) I dug out an old photograph from my N scale layout. Lo and behold - it is 32 years old! :eek: :eek: :eek: (See, Gary, I beat you by a full 20 years :rolleyes: ;) )

That's the way scenery was done back in the '70s: Zip texturing on the rocks, raw and colored lichen for shrubbery (no Woodland Scenic foam around then!) - and a handmade tunnel portal.

This is no winner for sure, but I'm showing it off anyway! :D :D :D

Ron

Attachments

• Tunnel entry.jpg
    Tunnel entry.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 70

Union Pacific

nice:thumb: :thumb: I was just kidding hopfully I will get some of ym track ballasted and a couple switches laid this weekend and I am thinking about doing a build thread too :confused: looks good :wave: :wave: :thumb:

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.