Oct 05 Contest, scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We have not done a contest on scenery recently, such as rocks, hills, trees, lakes, fields, roads, fences and other stuff that graces our layouts.

The rules:

• Any shot that shows background scenery such as described above.
  • No buildings or other stuctures, but trains, animals, vehcles and LPB's may be shown to add affect.
  • Shot must have been taken by the person submitting it.
  • You may submit up to three views of the same subject. Anyone submitting shots of more than one subject will be asked to edit the others out. Please, to make it easy when vote time comes, post all views of your pics in the same post. In other words, one post per entry with one, two or three pics. If you want to add a picture, or even change one before the contest closes, you can do that by pressing the "edit" button on that post.Contact me if you have problems doing that.
  • When we vote, we will count all views as one entry, not as two or three entries, so those submitting only one will have an equal chance as those submitting more pictures.
I know that many of you would like to submit more that one view of a partular scene, this is your chance.:wave::wave:

Remember, all the basic rules that are posted here still apply.

Good luck, contest closes Oct 31.:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
spankybird said:
It was my understanding that if you host your pic here on the gauge, you could only attach on pic per thread. How can you attach 3 pics to the same posting?
You can attach up to 5 pictures to one post. Simply go to "manage attachments", upload your first picture, and when it uploads, search and upload the next one, and so forth. The window will list each picture as it finished uploading. If it didn't upload properly, it will not show on the list, and a note tells you why it didn't upload. Usually because it is too many pixels or too large a file. When you're finished, close the window as you normally do.

Let me know if you're still unable to do that.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Oh, someone pointed out that they have some scenery they would like to submit, but there is a part of a small outbuilding in the scene. They were hesitant to submit it. Let me clarify this. The intent is to show scenery on a layout or diorama and I wanted to avoid having any structures being the focal point of the picture. I would think that some small structures or a parts of a structures would be acceptable as long as it isn't the main object in the picture. Again the intent is to highlight yours or someone elses scenery and that should be the main focus.:wave::wave:

This is also suppose to be fun, not a contest to see how strict we can be.:D:D

Union Pacific

Oct 8, 2005
Virginia
lol thak you for clarifying it will not be th focal just a *in* the picture wanted to make shure it wasn't a problem that people got angry thank yo and look for my photos in a few days/week

Thanx, Ben

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Tom...

Your shots remind me of that Tim Burton movie - The Nightmare Before Christmas. Looks like the inhabitants of your Halloween town would scare the pants off any well-wisher or caroller in a Christmas village! :D ;)

Andrew

loggeron30

Oct 19, 2004
Castle Rock, Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Ok gents here are three photos showing the rock and cliff work by Devils Gate Bridge on my On30 Tall Timber Railroad.

ahz.sized.jpg

aia.sized.jpg

aib.sized.jpg

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Thanks everybody. Ben they are FT's factory painted by Stewart. I'm not sure they are correct, when delivered they were solid black with "cat whiskers" At some point they did get painted in lightning stripes, but I think they were black, not grey. But I like them lots anyway!

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.