O Scale Bushes/Undergrowth

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Every time my wife makes…er…I mean asks…me to do the dishes, I always look at these little plastic scouring pads, & think, “There’s gotta be somthin’ I could do with these things…”

ahb.jpg

Well, I finally snagged one, & ran downstairs with it, & did a little “surgery” on it…

I cut a couple of chunks out of it with some scissors, & kind of pulled them apart into some random shapes…then I spray painted them with some Floquil Roof Brown…

ahc.jpg

I sprinkled some ground foam onto the still-wet paint…

ahd.jpg

I thought they made some nice O, or HO scale bushes…

ahe.jpg

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks for the nice comments everyone!:)
I should have mentioned that I used about 1/4 of the scouring pad to make two good sized bushes...We buy these things at the grocery for around $1 for a 3-pack...This makes this a faily cheap scenic material!

spitfire said:
.... If you steal all the pot-scrubbers, maybe your wife will banish you from doing dishes!!! :D :D :D

Val

Believe me Val...it wouldn't be the first time I'd been banished from the kitchen...let's see there was that time melting the "EZ Water" pellets on the stove...& then that other time when I dried the dirt in the oven...& then there was that incident with the blender...YIKES! :eek: :eek:ops: :rolleyes: