o gage clearance for 2-6-6-6?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by JoeGrapes, Jan 8, 2007.

1. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

When you have a articulated engine running on 072 curves. As it goes around the curve the front overhangs. Can anyone who has this type engine running on 072 curves tell me what the minimum clearnce I'd need if the track were say, close to a wall?
  2. Geno

Geno Member

Joe,
    The guys at the club tell me to give these big articulateds at least 5"- that should keep your boiler from hitting the walls (072 curves).

Are you getting the Lionel JLC Allegheny? Very nice:D .

Geno
  3. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

Nah Geno, that engine might me a little to ambitious for me right now. Realisticly I'd Just like to get a Berkshire or Hudson type locomotive. But I want the sounds and because of the grades I really want speed control. There is nothing in the new Lionel book that fits what I want. There is a couple of MTH engines but I don't know. I'm leaning toward scale rather than 027 but I could go either way. I've seen GarGraves track so I'm going to use the flex stuff.
  4. Geno

Geno Member

What engines do you have now? Have you bought any track yet? I could give you a decent deal on some Gargraves I have, if you're interested.
    Geno
  5. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

Geno, the only thing I have now is a CW-80 transformer I thought I got for a good price. I just started to build the base for the track around the wall. I should need about 24 pieces of 37" flex track. I found a place online I can get it for $4.09 each. Good price? What do you have? I'm going to the Buffalo Model Railroad Club open house this weekend. And there is a couple of local swap meets and shows that are coming up. And I have a ton of notes on how I want to do this. Thats waht I do during the day instead of working, lol
  6. Geno

Geno Member

Joe,
    That's a good price- is that tinplate or stainless? I know the stainless track is about $5 each. I 've got about 30+ pcs. of stainless (I'll PM you on the details).

Geno
  7. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

We have the RailKing MTH

[​IMG]

and do we love it.

[​IMG]

but we run it on O27 track

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :thumb:
  8. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I still can't believe that monster will run on O27 but it looks so cool.....