Nuther new factory going up.

Discussion in 'Trackside Photos & Details' started by Catt, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Catt

Catt Guest

This one started out as the Walther's Hardwood Furnitue factory.It is now called Kindel Furniture after a real company here in West Michigan.

[​IMG]

The real Kindel's has that recessed loading dock too but the other small doors are part of the kits structure and I'm in no mood to fill them in.

[​IMG]

This is going to be a rather long project as there are 61 windows in this beast and they all need to be modified.If anyone is curious it is 235 feet long and is N scale.

Kindel's is like the Shipper's warehouse it too does not have rail service
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW, nice looking structure so far Catt. I like it, now I want one lol

Keep it yp, can't wait to see some progress pics :thumb: :D
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Time for an update,still got a long ways to go but I'm gaining. :D

[​IMG]

I've been busy working on the 2TRAK layout so this beasty is sorta on a back burner.
  4. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Catt, have you made any progress on this structure? I am assuming this was a "regular 4-sided" building that you kitbashed into a building flat?

I did much the same thing with this building in HO scale. It is around 3 feet long! And lots of fun cutting them up and building them into something different.

Attached Files:

5. toptrain1

toptrain1 Member

COOL ! toptrain
  6. Catt

Catt Guest

Gary,same building different scale.I like what you've done to yours.

I have made little progress as it really is a low priority bash.(way to many other projects in the way)

I will probly post a small update on Sunday though.
  7. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Looking forward to your updates. I was at the LHS the other day and bought some kits that are perfect to bash into the large building flats I need for my layout. And the great thing is, the LHS was blowing them out for LESS THAN HALF PRICE!:) Some of the stuff is from Nu-Line Structures, and some from Promotex Inc if anyone has ever heard of them. It'll probably be awhile before I get to them though, busy laying track right now.

Keep us updated on your progress, and would like to see your other projects also.
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice work John - and Gary. I have that kit in HO, sitting in a box. I think I'll do a modification like yours too - it looks great! :thumb:

Val