Nut, bolt, washer castings

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Can anyone tell me where I could get NBW castings? I'm looking for the size for wooden trestles, anyone know sizes? either Metal or plastic castings are good and I need alot of them so a bulk buy would be the way to go I guess if possible.

If no one else has them cheaper, Walthers lists Detail Associates, plastic casting of HO scale 3/4" nuts w/ 2" washers for US $2.00. Just looked for these a few days ago for a switching layout/pier project I'm planning. (Gonna be another long winter.)

Wayne

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
I cast my own bolts and washers for thebumper on my Climax. My model came without the part, so I had to scratch build it. That included the hardware. I made a mold out of latex casting rubber from some samples I found on the side of the Climax engine and cast them with 5-min Epoxy. Worked........well........see for yourself.

TrainClown :wave:

Attachments

• Climax front detail.jpg
    Climax front detail.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 125
F

Fred_M

Nice work TC. But I will have to go with the Grandt Line castings too. Just don't limit yourself to what they sell as HO scale bolts. They also sell O scale ones which work well for big bolts in HO. They have a website and sell direct, I have had some problems with other places stocking them. Fred