NTrak module, yet more eye candy

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Been painting a few more figures to go on my new module. Bought some mules and cowboys from Musket Minatures, Rustic Rails. I had to cob up the mules to look like pack animals as he is not making a pack train as yet. Whew, thought I would go blind painting and tying on some dental floss and Birkshires elastic wire. Don't look that bad from 12 foot away, scale 12ft anyway.

Attachments

• mvc-019s.jpg
    mvc-019s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 245

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Don't know if I want to stage this frightening dilemma on my module as yet.

I have not yet poured the eviortex water yet, still have some more scenery to go.

Attachments

• mvc-023s.jpg
    mvc-023s.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 277

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
WOW BILL, straight out of a movie set ..... fabulous cliff faces and the characters are just how I would imagine a quest for 'Lost Dutchman's Gold". :thumb: :thumb:

Don't put colour on the cliffs, they're perfect as they are!

Errol

PS ... I'm always too late or too early in posting, I was typing as you posted the second photo! ..... (You realise mountain lions are a protected species huh? .... whatcha gonna do now, huh? :D :D

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
end picutre with that speeder station. Bridge almost completed have to paint the track and guard rails. Need to fabricate some sort of tool boxes to go into the step outs and then to weather the heck out of it

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 258

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by kettlestack
WOW BILL, straight out of a movie set ..... fabulous cliff faces and the characters are just how I would imagine a quest for 'Lost Dutchman's Gold". :thumb: :thumb:

Don't put colour on the cliffs, they're perfect as they are!

Errol

PS ... I'm always too late or too early in posting, I was typing as you posted the second photo! ..... (You realise mountain lions are a protected species huh? .... whatcha gonna do now, huh? :D :D
I think that is a bear not a mountain lion. In any event those cowboys are fixing to take a wild ride!!!

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Bill, that's a fine idea for a mini scene - a few figures tell a whole story - great modeling! :thumb:

On the other hand, the scenery of the module as a whole looks very convincing, too.

Ron

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Wow!
That is some awesome scenery on that module, Bill!:cool:

Hmmm...for some reason, "Mule-Skinner Blues" just popped into my head!:D ;)

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Love it! love the bridge especially. One bothersome point though... unless you toss a good bit of vegetation around, the bear is out of place. Bears don't do Southwestern canyons much, far more common in the canyons of the Rockies, Sierra Nevadas, Cascades, Sawtooth, etc.