nt alex gundam WIP

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by rlc321, Jun 18, 2007.

1. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

oh yes i forgot to mention that, about 44 cm tall give or take. actually i just chose a descent size in pepakura then set it to that, also update i have made the chest as three seperate pieces instaed of just one so it will be simpler to put together....
  2. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Sweet! (It's well know I like my builds large!) Now I'm really looking forward to it!bounce7
  3. rlc321

alex with a bit of texture

i figured out how to add texture to the model. looking not bad but still need to adjust the picture i am using for the textures. i have had to change some model parts aswell to make it easier to unfold and buildand i changed the eyes to more look more gundam like.
    any way here is the pic only the main chest and part of shoulder has texture on it but i thought you guys would like to see it..
    rob

Attached Files:

4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Looks awesome in Meta already, just think what the real model would look like!
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow! Really Nice! I like it!!!:thumb:

Russell
  6. rlc321

ok i need some help guys i have loads of pics of the alex gundam and need to make textures out of them but i dont relly now how, is there anyone willing to help me make the textures for this so i can apply them in meta basicly i need all the panel lines and text and colouring as the photos so it looks realish...
    any takers..
    PLEASE???
  7. rlc321

update

ok figured out to make textures so here is a preview of what i have done so far and i think its not looking too bad. here is a pic.:mrgreen:announce1:thumb:

Attached Files:

8. Soaring

Soaring Guest

This may sound a little crazy, but will you add some movable joints anywhere? :)
  9. rlc321

hi soaring no i think that is beyond my capablities, but once i done the texturing i need to make the shield and gun and i was thinking about putting a diffrent pose on before printing it. well just have too see if i can make a really dynamic pose..
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

If you study other's designs... I don't really think movable joints are that difficult. Anyway the choice is yours Robin ^^
  11. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Rob,

Those textures look Ok to me. Have you figured it out or are you creating your own from scratch now?

I was looking at the pics you sent me and I came to the conclusion that if it were me, I'd unfold and then texture later.

Anyway, what you've done looks cool. ;)
  12. rlc321

hey skup. well i thought about putting them on after unfolding but i couldnt figure out how. so what i am doing is taking a part of a photo starting a new file with 512x512 pasting it on there, getting rid of the background ,resizing the image to fit the 512x512 then trying to improve the image as much as i can then putting it on the model. and what you see are the results, also for panel lines i am gonna use diffrent textures from variouse gundam pics i have and making them fit. and see what i like. im gonna start on the arms tonight to see how the panel lines look.
    and thanks for your help skup
  13. Ronin

Ronin New Member

It's very good, man.

I'm waiting for the finish...it hasn't many gundam model (doesn't including sd), so congratulations for the pacience!
  14. Master-Bruce

May all time favourite Gundam is Hyakushiki(?) It's yellow, or in some cases it's gold. I'm not too knowledgable on this subject but think they're cool!

Anyway I've seen the SD version of it but would love to get my hands on a large scale model of it.

Did that come across as a hint? GOOD! :) Any takers?? LOL
  15. rlc321

huyakushi

well skup how about this then i was gonna be doing this after the ziong gundam see if its what you want its from gundam seed or would you prefer the original one.
    rob

Attached Files:

16. rlc321

or original one

or this hyakushaki original one, either one i can try and do. all the best
    rob

Attached Files:

17. Master-Bruce

The second pic isn't showing up for some reason.

Here's a pic I found quickly. I have a load more for this as I did intend to start one a while back. If you do decide to tackle this then I can help you with reference material. ;)

hyakushiki100.jpg
  18. rlc321

yes please referance matrial for that would be great thank you very much. just send it to my google, and i will make a start after xmas, i also have the plastic kit aswell. thanks again skup, you seem to allways bail me out when needed. thanks again
    rob
  19. Master-Bruce

Hey, no worries. If you do a nice big Hyaku Shiki then I'll owe you. ;) I'll find what I have, it's on a disc here somewhere, and send it over.

How big's you plastic kit? I could never find one.
  20. rlc321

its an old kit a 1:100 scale about 23 cm high the same model in the pic you sent. its no problem ill start asap for ya. and your refreance would help great.
    all the best.
    rob