nt alex gundam WIP

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by rlc321, Jun 18, 2007.

1. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

i decided to start a new thread about this as its easier and wont get confused with the alex help thread here is what i have so far, its coming along nicley and is starting to look like a gundam...:twisted: :twisted: :-D ok ok i know blowing my own trumpet but its the very fisrt time i have built a 3d model, so give me some slack. also any help tips or tricks with metasequa or photoshop texturing would be appreciated thanks.
  2. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Lookin great so far! All my attempts at 3D modeling so far look like a crumpled up piece of paper (and that is before it is printed out :-D).
    Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing it with us.
  3. rlc321

a few extra details

thats no problem this model will be free for any one who wants it and if its a success then ill try to make more gundams as i feel why should we not have them when all we can get is the stuff from korea or japan and sometimes not all the times we cant get access to them so being as i love gundam this is what ill be building.
    any way i have added a few extra details..:twisted: :twisted: :-D
  4. rlc321

a few more details

it getting there..... i hurt my leg in taekwondo so i can spend more time on this model as i am stuck in the bedroom with my trusty pc:-D :-D :roll:
  5. rlc321

last update for today

well this is all i am doing today the top thighs were a royal pain in the aaaa watsit but i got ther eventually 3 hrs just trying to get them right:cry: :cry: any way here is a pic so far..:twisted: :twisted:
  6. rlc321

more added

here i have added the knee and inner outer bottom half of leg. hehehe its taking shape and looking like gundam...:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D
  7. rlc321

arms and hands

i have completed the arms and hands and will be starting on the head,announce1
    ok cant add pic yet but i will when the thread has been reapired it seems my other pics are gone aswell...
    to view pics go here:
    Robs Card Models
  8. rlc321

ok still cant upload pics yet, i have finished the head and most of the back pack i will be doing a test build after its complete but befor i texture it, the model will be availble in pdo format and i will try to make instructions in pdf, obviosly it will mean delaying when its released but i hope it will be worth it. any one thats intersted just pm me and i will send it, once its completed, also i think i will do the sazabi next if i can it looks complicated from the blueprints but i will give it a bash..
    rob
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--The good thing with pdo files is you don't have to include instructions at all~ Just tell everyone to check corresponding surfaces ;)
  10. rlc321

ok not much to add i have started on the beam sword that sits on top of the back pack then i just need to add small details then i have to change the pepakura file into some sort of order then it will be ready for beta testing, ill add images too my blog when i am done, its been a bit slow as been busy decorating the house..
    rob
  11. rlc321

ok i have started on the trial build chest seems ok need some tweaks same with the waist the head needs a complete overhauland some of the deatil parts on the chest need some work aswell, i will continue building and fix things as i go. oh well i will keep at it, once i have completed the test build and done some corrections i will be doing textures on this model, which after that it will be ready for release, its gonna be free for members of this forum i will also try selling it on my web site. for some updated pics see my blog at bottom of my signature.
  12. rlc321

ok its not working too much happening n the leg department need to clean it up and make it easier, same with the head and chest... will be back with more progress soon.
  13. rlc321

clean up

ok i have cleaned up the head and its much easier to put together:mrgreen:
    still cant upload pics so pleas view my blog at my signaturesign1:curse:
  14. rlc321

ok second bild progress so far its going much better than the first things are going in place nicely need a bit of work on the neck area but other than that its going good, i am starting on the head now.. more later..
  15. rlc321

alex pic of pdo file

here is a pic of the pdo file just found out the feet dont attach to the bottom half of leg very well so need to change that. tomorrow i will be uploading pics of the build so far..
  16. rlc321

ok pic of body so far

here is th test build body and head..

Attached Files:

17. rlc321

and leg

and here is the leg test build.... more pics to follow

Attached Files:

18. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Looking great!! :thumb:
  19. rlc321

thank you webdude i didnt realise how difficult this would be but it is sure fun, i cant wait until its released, even i am getting excited about it and i designed it. lol
  20. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

It IS fun isn't it?:twisted:

What's the finished size going to be? I looked through the other related threads but didn't see any dimensions mentioned.