nt alex gundam help

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by rlc321, Mar 27, 2007.

1. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

ok as you can see from the pic i am working on this gundam to make a paper model i, my question is how can i get a basic grey texture on it and how do i go about it as i am new to this i am using metasequa. any help or tips would be appreciated.
    thank you
    rob

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      195.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

You can go to the Materials Panel in the Panels drop-down, and add new material to your desire.
  3. rlc321

nt alex help

ok here i have created a basic grey colour but i cant aply it to the model please help. according to meta i can paint onto it as shown in pic but niether will show up......:(

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      43.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

You don't need to use paint, in one of the panels on the left there is a tool to apply materials to faces, otherwise you can select faces and then use the "apply materials to faces" in the "Selected" menu.

P: Any experts on Meta here?
  5. rlc321

figuerd it

ok i manged to do it the problem was i was just drwaing lines so after i got the basic image with wire i went and created faces for it. and we have what we see here

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      76 KB
      Views:
  6. rlc321

what i do need wich is beyond my experiance is someone to make the actual texture for this model if any one wants to give me a shout who would be willing we can work together on it. ive done all the research found loads of pics of it for referance.
    any takers???
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Well, I think I can try :D
  8. rlc321

gundam alex nt1

here is a screen of what i have done so far. its a long slow process as i am learning aswell the gre torso unfolds fin in pepakura but the blue and red keep giving me lots of red lines any help would be appreciated, i am using metasequa. thank you.
    rob
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Select all the parts, and in one of the menus there is a 'join adjacent vertices' command that joins separate vertices into one. This will remove those red lines in Pepakura.
  10. rlc321

hi nezard evry time i highlight the seperate objects they disapear after i select "join vertices", any ideas why, i can post the file if you want to see where i am going wrong.
    thanks for your help.
    rob

ps we are talking meta here yes???
  11. rlc321

first pepakura pic

ok here is the first pic of pepakura its not availble yet as i am still working on it i have printed it off and will build the test tonight and ill let you all know how it went, and nezard thanks again i will be calling on you again very soon.
    rob
  12. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Looking great!
  13. rlc321

thanks webdude as i said its my first attemp at 3d modelling but so far not looking to bad the colors will change once i texture it i used the materials in meta as a basic guide. to help me know were each part goes etc and it looks pretty cool.
    as i said anyone can keep giving me tips advice and any HELP or criticism as it will help me in the end. also this model will be free for every one once complete. and if successfull i will make more gundam as i love gundam models...
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Colours look alright to me, if it's only flat colour then you don't really need to do textures.
  15. rlc321

alex textutres

thats true nezard but i want all the panel lines text and other stuff that you see in a gundam model kit like the picture below, i want it to look good not just colors if you know what i mean. i maybe going a bit far but i feel if i am gonna do something like this i may aswell do it properly... plus i want it to look like a model kit. any ideas how i put textures onto a 3d model would be helpfull.:-D :-D
  16. rlc321

test build result

ok here are a couple of pics of the test i think its a wee bit small so i need to make it bigger as in pic 4 you can see my finger:( ill keep it the same size now and enlarge it once its built and textured. it was a rush job aswell so not put together properly.
    as you can see a bit small, ink also running out. any opinions or help would as always be appreciated. thanks
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

18. rlc321

circles

ok i need help whats the best way to make a circle in metasequa silly question i know, but i need to know to make the pic below. thank you for your help..
    rob
  19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm not quite into Meta but... I think there is a primitive cylinder tool. And remember meta is polygon modelling so every curved surfaces are approximated as polygons...
  20. AznRiceBoi

AznRiceBoi New Member

Would you mind telling me where you got those schematic-like diagrams? I'm really interested in designing my own Gundam as well.