NSR's Colors

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by McFortner, Oct 22, 2002.

1. McFortner

McFortner Member

I've finally decided on a color scheme for the NSR and I am in the middle of painting my first engine and caboose. What I want to know is if anybody else uses it. The bottom 2/5ths is teal while the rest is black.

Of course, any comments are welcome and I'll post more pix when I have it finished.... :rolleyes:

Michael

Attached Files:

2. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Not that I know of, Michael, but a blue/white "THE ROCK" decal would look damned fine in that black space..............

:D :D :D :D :D
  3. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

I can say I never have seen that combination before but it looks great, nice contrast!:eek:
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looks great to me!
  5. Tankertoad70

Tankertoad70 Member

Lookin' good Michael. I recently switched my Wishram lokie paint scheme to Prussian Blue and a very dark gray. The lokies are all blue except for the area starting at the radiator grills on up is gray. I also place a white stripe on the lokie, to 'liven' up the scheme, between the two colors and on the frame just below the walkway.

Lot's o' fun creating your own scheme tain't it??:D ;)
  6. McFortner

McFortner Member

Here is the latest update from the paint shed. NSR F7 #1 and caboose x1967 have just been lettered and have the radio antennas added as well. Final sealant will be added in the next few days after the paint is completely dry. Then they will take a quick test run before final operation certificates are issued. :D

Michael

Attached Files:

7. McFortner

McFortner Member

Of course, I could not resist posting a picture of the Chief Dispatcher, Daniel, with the trains.

Michael

Attached Files:

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

And a happy dispatcher he is too!!! Looks like you both are on the right track! (pun intended :D )