NS sd50s scratchbuilt

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
Ok, here's what I'm looking for: I need an Rail Power Products sd60/50 shell train97 for a new scratchbuilt I'll be working on. I understand it will fit on and Athearn sd40-t2 frame, just so happen to have a powered one. But if any of ya can find one, give me a link to it or phone number, I'd be most grateful. Might even splurge and give ya a very valuable possession, the cost of a cup of coffee aussie at BK or McD's, ur choice!:D
My goal is for an sd50s that was shop built by nw on a sd40-2 frame, engine number #6502, which I now beleive has been scrapped.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/2151/ns6502.jpg I would like to restore her to her glory:thumb: please hewp me give respect to the hard working men who created them at their shops http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/9782/DSCN0473L.JPG, so we don't have to end up like this.

My other option is to take an gp50 shell and cut it before the dynamic housing and take a piece of another shell and add 1 3/8'" of shell to it and try to attach to the sd40t2 frame.

I can't find any of the rail power shells on google or yahoo search engines, so any help from this database of sorts would be very appreciated.
Thanks, Eric

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Have you tried calling hobby shops in Ga? I know that my local hobby shop used to stock Railpower shells as well as various manufacturers body kits. Then everybody started buying r-t-r stuff, and he was stuck. I picked up a pair of Intermountain undecorated F7a body kits for about 1/2 price because they sat under the counter for over 6 years unsold. A few calls to shops near you might locate one that has a couple of leftovers.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
I've only got 1 local in town, neaerest other is 50 miles away, and the upwards 140 miles from there in Atlanta. I may search white pages .com for some numbers tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion, here's ya $.25 for the coffee. Print out this reply and take it to them and tell them I said this ad and a quarter is worth a cup of coffee.