Ns Sd40 3170 Layout Door

Scott Teague

Here is the door going into my NS layout room.

Scott

front5.JPG

front7.JPG

front6.JPG

Scott:

That is a great entrance to the layout room! The photo in GMR didn't do it justice. I love the view through the cab windows! That is a great detail. Thanks for sharing your work.

Eric

jon-monon

You did a really really nice job on that! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm glad you N scalers are not obsessed with your hobby, else it may take over your life :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D ;) ;) :p :p :p

fifer

Cool!

Scott , Thats really cool , but my next question would be what does your Car look like ??????
Mike

roryglasgow

It's kinda like looking through the door into Wonderland or something... Or maybe when Willy Wonka opened the door into the candy garden...

Cool! :):):)

Scott Teague

Originally posted by roryglasgow
It's kinda like looking through the door into Wonderland or something... Or maybe when Willy Wonka opened the door into the candy garden...

Cool! :):):)
I'm glad it's not the candy garden my kids would eat my layout up.:D :D :D :D

Scott

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Scott,
I missed this thread until now. I saw your layout featured in GMR 2004. Your work looks great and there were lots of pics. congratulations. I'm glad you posted more pics of the door. I was curious about it after reading the article.
Very cool!!!!
Ralph

Cinnibar

Door

Scott,

I read your article in GMR........great stuff and beautiful pictures. Your door is really something - excellent workmanship and it certainly does convey an entrance to your "Wonderland".

I was going to copy your idea but my layout is all steam and my wife won't let me put a boiler and cab in the hallway to my train room. :thumb:

Scott Teague

Re: Door

Originally posted by Cinnibar
Scott,

I read your article in GMR........great stuff and beautiful pictures. Your door is really something - excellent workmanship and it certainly does convey an entrance to your "Wonderland".

I was going to copy your idea but my layout is all steam and my wife won't let me put a boiler and cab in the hallway to my train room. :thumb:

Hey Cinnibar I was born in El paso, TX.

Scott

fifer

El Paso

Cinnibar and Scot , I'm in Las Cruces , Cinnibar give me a call and come by if your in town. I,m in the book.
Mike Fifer
And once again VERY COOL DOOR !!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cinnibar

The Great Southwest

Scott,

We had the doors and windows open today. I'm a Chicago boy but have lived in El Paso for 14 years - love it. If you haven't been back I bet you would hardly recognize the place.

Fifer,

Were you at the last GATS show in El Paso?

fifer

Cinnibar

Cinnibar , Yes I was there but only one day looking.
I started the Dona Ana Modular HO club but am now in N Scale and No club here.
Also belonged to the Mesilla Valley club at the fairgounds and Got that building for the club.
Mike