NRHS Convention Next Week

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Hi Dave
I have plans to join NRHS sometime in the future.(N&WHS comes first!) I'd think I'd like a convention of "Train Nuts"
biggrin.gif
where is your 'meet' this year?? and Next??
Hope you have a good time
waver.gif

VGN
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 06-14-2001).]

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Hi Virginian:

This year's Convention is in St. Louis. It officially starts Tuesday and ends Saturday. I'll post information on the various trips etc. a bit later, but don't have time right now.

------------------
Dave Flinn, Northeast Regional Vice President, NRHS
National Director, Cornell Chapter, NRHS
Life Member NMRA, NER, NFR,
Danbury Railway Museum

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Hi all:

Is anyone going to be at the Convention next week? I will be there, getting in on Amtrak late Monday night. It would be great to see some of you folks in person, or is everyone here exclusively into models?

Perhaps I'll post some "on site" reports, if anyone is interested.

------------------
Danbury Railway Museum

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Wow!
Dave,
Are you laying over for the NMRA convention in early July?? One of my friends at SCMRS is all excited about taking Amtrak to St. Louis for that bash!!!! Too bad they're not just a little closer together. wish I was free to travel...I'd go ahead and join both orgs. and hit the rails,too!!
Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.
VGN

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
VGN:

I'm not "laying over", but I will be back for the NMRA Convention, with my wife and two grandchildren.

------------------
Danbury Railway Museum

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
I said I would post a little bit about convention activities, so here we go.

On Tuesday, there is a Steam Excursion behind UP 3985 to Gorham, IL.

On Wednesday, there is a tour of St. Louis' Metrolink Light Rail in the morning, a visit to the Museum of Transportation all day, and a RailCruise America dinner train to De Soto, MO and back, or a Riverboat Dinner Trip.

Thursday presents another Steam Excursion to West Quincy, MO behind Frisco 1522 or an Antique Tour, all followed by a "Meet the Officers" session and a night photo session.

Friday morning has several seminars available and the Board of Directors and Annual Membership Meetings will be held in the afternoon. That evening will be the banquet.

Finally, on Saturday, there will be another all day steam excursion behind 1522 again.

That pretty well wraps things up. As I said, I'll try to post some reports as things go along, or after it's over.

------------------
Danbury Railway Museum

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Gee, I wish we had known about it before the last minute. I hope you get a better showing than I got in Montreal at the Museum in Delson last month!

Hope this convention is a rip and have a couple for us!
biggrin.gif

George.