Now we're getting the OLD stuff!!!

RailRon

...and after:
The layout shortly before I had to dismantle it (1973)
Right side center and distance: Trim Creek freight yard and engine facilities.
In the foreground a branchline leads to the left - but it was never finished... :(

If you want to see more of this layout, look here !

Ron

Attachments

• tcstotal1.jpg
    tcstotal1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 99

MCL_RDG

For what it's worth...

...how's 'bout a few remnants of?

As you can see- a couple of cars are all "slicked" uP with new trucks- the stock car runs as is- note those solid wheels.

These are Aurora and Atlas cars made at the birth of N. They are the survivors of my youth and I hold them dearly (first crack at weathering- and they were "old" then). I didn't have a camera back then. These were Christmas trains bought to bolster the "under the tree layout". It'll be nice when they make the machine to print out the visions captured in muh head of those many Christmas layouts and the occasional trip to the hobby shop with Dad at that time, the aroma of plywood and fresh cut pine. Alas, another thread to be written and read.

For what it's worth.

Mark ;)

P.S. I just noted the "Yunk" grafitti on the side of the PRR car, not that I'd ever bother to grafitti a rrcar- with the recent post regarding adverts on cars and seeing what I see, see, see- I must have been ahead of my time. I guess I'll just hafta go out and buy some spray cans.

Attachments

• atlass.jpg
    atlass.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 92

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Re: For what it's worth...

Originally posted by MCL_RDG
...how's 'bout a few remnants of?

As you can see- a couple of cars are all "slicked" up with new trucks- the stock car runs as is- note those solid wheels.

These are Aurora and Atlas cars made at the birth of N.

I don't look That Old - Do I -- :eek: :eek: ROFL

This is Great Stuff!!!! Really Cool!!!!!!!

~~ N Gauger :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Nothing is that old Clerk.:D Or maybe they can :rolleyes:

Shamus
waver.gif

jon-monon

Where is your first layout, Shamus? You must have a photo about?

I sure wish I had a picture of my first layout. I've told my story before, but I was on an island, in Rensselaer, IN, and had no contact with any modelers. I got to a hobby shop maybe twice a year, and about once a year I got to see my cousin in IA (now the only MMR in Iowa). He would give me a couple of ideas, some old stuff he didn't need and an old magazine or two. And I thought I was one B-B-B-B-Bad modeler. On second thought, it might be a good thing I don't have a picture. We were also poor during those years. Parents were teachers and that job didn't pay inthe 70's, so I was on my own for funding. I do still have all of the buildings, about 20 in all. The first building I built I don't have a photo handy, but the 2nd and third I do:

GARAGEHOUSEboth.jpg
POOLHOUSE.jpg

The ground foam came later in my modeling career. When I first started it was green sawdust, all one color. All the flat land had perfect green grass!

BTW: I'm selling these two, if you would like them, they are 6.99 ea. on e-bay, but I'll drop the price for my good friends here. e-mail or PM me and I'll cancel the auction.