Now this is strange...

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Odd but I can imagine somewhat entertaining. I'll confess to having intentionally violated speed limits to see what would happen on MSTS!
Ralph

I've got a prototype jet train that I've had up to speeds of 3000 k/ph through the Kicking Horse Pass(with the options set so that it cannot derail) and it was quite fun. But I've never pulled off that kind of destruction.:D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
One of the most entertaining and challenging things I've done with MSTS was with the Sandpatch addition. In this activity I was in control of a pair of helpers pushing a train of loaded hoppers up a hill. I let the train reach the top and then cut the hoppers from the lead units and then cut off the helpers and backed them up. The string of hoppers began a free roll downhill following the helpers. I sped the helpers down as fast as possible to a siding pocket, parked the locos, reset the turnout, and waited as the runaway hoppers came and rolled by on the main. Then Ifired up the locos and caught up with the hoppers on the fly. Not exactly an assigned task of the game but fun (and no derailments).

Ralph

doctorwayne

Ralph said:
One of the most entertaining and challenging things I've done with MSTS was with the Sandpatch addition. In this activity I was in control of a pair of helpers pushing a train of loaded hoppers up a hill. I let the train reach the top and then cut the hoppers from the lead units and then cut off the helpers and backed them up. The string of hoppers began a free roll downhill following the helpers. I sped the helpers down as fast as possible to a siding pocket, parked the locos, reset the turnout, and waited as the runaway hoppers came and rolled by on the main. Then Ifired up the locos and caught up with the hoppers on the fly. Not exactly an assigned task of the game but fun (and no derailments).

Ralph

I don't have the simulator program, but I do have a layout with a really big hill and about 40 hoppers with "live" loads :eek: ....say..., this could add a whole new dimension to "operations".:thumb:

100_5763.jpg

100_5666.bmp

100_5755.jpg

There's about 40' of track between that first bridge and the high one in the third picture, with more beyond that. It's all downhill, at about 2.5%.

Wayne

sfrr

hey guys, im new to this fourm, nice layout george:thumb: . Knighthawk, can you sned me the file of your fast train? or tell me where to get it, or tell me how to increase the trains speed? thanks.

mike.