Nov/Dec 2004 Contest Archive: Winter Scene or Holliday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
OK Folks, this month can be a winter scene or any winter holliday, as long as it's rail related or part of your layout. Model or Prototype photo's and only one per person. Must be your own photo and work if it's a model.

Please use the questions thread for this and all contest questions.

This is an extended contest and will last until the end of the year, so you have plenty of time!

Clark A.

Nov 9, 2004
Garden City, Michigan
fixed

Here is my entry. I had a little trouble getting a pic posted. It lies beneath my tree, all KMart-type village houses(with the exception of my Dept. 56 boat) . In the foreground is the park, then Main Street, and the train tracks. I like to change the placement of the buildings each year to spice it up. Enjoy!

Attachments

• My picture for gauge.jpg
    My picture for gauge.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 758

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
My son and I worked on this layout together. This is the best picture from the snow on the layout. That layout was taken down earlier this month to get repair work done in the basement.
IM002112.jpg

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
I just finished my Christmas tree, village and train layout. the photo is of the left side, layout is built on a table made of 2 flush doors 42" wide x 6'8" long. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Attachments

• 04L1.jpg
    04L1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 693

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well, it's been a while since I was able to enter anything in one of these contests. The train is N scale, some of the buildings are some other scale and the ice skating snowman in the background is larger than life. :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Lighted square.jpg
    Lighted square.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 561

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Great pictures everyone! Feels kind of chilly around here, just like it should at Christmas time!

Here is my go at it: The boss sent the crew out to find and bring back a tree.

Attachments

• tree4g.JPG
    tree4g.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 513

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Here's my entry - a beautiful snowy day out in the country, made all the more beautiful by a mighty Hudson racing by.

Note: I hope we're allowed to use digital snow - it's the only image manipulation I did. If not, I have the original shot without it.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Val

Contest.jpg

F

Fred_M

Christmas Afternoon

Great pictures so far. :thumb: :thumb: This is my entry this month.

CHRISTMAS AFTERNOON WITH DAD

treehouselake4807bl.jpg

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Here's mine...Hyram and Billy Joe Ray Bob pull the Christmas Eve shift so the family guys can be at home for the holiday. Here they are setting up their tree, visions of Billy's egg nog, turkey sandwiches and football on the shop's old B&W T.V. on their minds.

A Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you all...

Attachments

• noel.jpg
    noel.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 451

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
That's how it should look like this time of the year - lots and lots of snow. Almost muted by the snowfall, a passenger train glides by through the blizzard, with the people inside cozy and warm. I call this picture:

Traveling home at Christmas...

Ron

Attachments

• Schneezug.jpg
    Schneezug.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 437

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Hi Guys and gals,

Before the voting starts I just want to say there all winners.

I'll second that, Ron! We vote at the end for fun, but the whole thing is just for fun, and should be a light hearted event. The only way to lose is to not participate at some level. It's a win win situation for all that enter, vote, or even just enjoy the pics. OK, enough rambling jon, let's vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.