Not much for introductions, but here goes!

cdirto

Hi all,

I go by CdirtO, (Dirt in Colorado). I am just creeping up to "Over the hill" but I am about 10 in mindset! I am a Service Administrator for the LARGEST Telecom in the world. Hopefully noone needs to be told who they are.....

I have been an avid plastic modeler for many a year, and finally had to put them away due to my wifes allergies. Seems the paint, thinners, and glues were aggravating it. Models are for fun. Wives are for LIFE! That was about 15 years ago.

To make up for it, we do a lot of camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, traveling, etc.

About 6 months ago, I was given a mini lathe and started doing some penturning, (been doing small woodworking stuff for about 10 years) and while looking online for other turning projects, found a paper model site offering some free models. Hmmm, no paint, thinners, and good old non-toxic white glue! Whoohoo, I am back in modeling business! So far, I have only completed some small polygon models, and some custom paper airplanes, some of which actually even flew!:eek: I started doing some more research and found Canon's paper model site and went through it like it wasn't there. My wife has thrown half of them away because they were all over her house.

Now, it is time to build them bigger, badder, and better than before... Oh, wait, that is Steve Austin. For you kids out there, "The Six Million Dollar Man".....

So, I hope you all don't mind if I come into your forums and generally make a nuisance of myself with questions, pictures (in a bit), and sticking my nose into your modeling techniques.

Thanks,
CdirtO

silveroxide

Welcome aboard. Sorry for the late welcome but I hope that his will not deter you from posting some of your handiwork soon here. See you around the forums.