Not full renders..but best place to add this..

Discussion in 'Renders and Illustrations' started by Gandolf50, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Gandolf50

Gandolf50 Researcher of obscure between war vehicles... Moderator

When into a frenzy of stuff lately and just came out of the 3d world for a change ...

I have been modeling and converting a whole bunch of things, some just for animation and others for card modeling...lots of Star Wars stuff..as I took a sudden fancy to some of the ships..though I like SDtar Wars I am not a fanatic about it, so those of you that are..I'll say it right now..I don't care if the antennie are in the wrong place! They are just meshes to me.. just something to tear apart and play with! so..

some of the stuff is mine others is ripped from games.. all is adapted a worked and fixed or in the progress of being usable, for whatever purpose I will use it! Most will never leave my HD, but some will sneak out and become a new card model... time will tell..

This one could actually be a card model..
    Bunker-Buster.jpg
    This one is already a card model...but could be improved..ALOT!
    ETA-2.jpg

Very simple mesh suitable for card...
    Aggressor.jpg
    This is a monster mesh!!! also with interior scenes and some hallways..but all in all a simple mesh..just HUGE! TONS of GREEBLES already there !!! but could be card..with the right work!
    LucreClass-Battleship.jpg

Another simple mesh..( all these types.can include the interior as I have a full detailed Tie Fighter with all the trimmings including pilot!!) (the pod is all the same in all of them +-
    Oppressor.jpg

Possible? yes..but a lot of ..one of a kind work..only for the dedicated modler..never a cut and paste card model..as it also has an interior..
    HoneyJar-Loadlifter.jpg

again..I say possible..but one of a kind..dedicated modler...
    Ski-Speeder.jpg

yes..piece of cake...!
    LI-UV1.jpg

One of a kind again... kit bash..and recycle...
    Scavenger-Speeder.jpg

Possible..with some work...

ARC-170.jpg
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

These all look really good!!!
  3. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

Aw, we can only click like once! I personally would like to see the Trade federation ship (the doughnut) realised! ;) (just a hint... :))
  4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Superb Renders!! ;)
  6. Gandolf50

Rhino..in most cases..actually looking back..they are all rhino screen renders .. nothing fancy!
  7. Gandolf50

another doodad been keeping me busy...

low res anim test for Countess from Paragon Game.. in Unreal-4
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

The animation looks good!
  9. zathros

I've been playing with the free Raytraycer "Neon" for Rhino. It's "FREE", it works really well. :)

NeoRen1.jpg
  10. Gandolf50

I use Neon.. It looks like you have your image Oversaturated..ie too much light.. but that also can happen when it has no actual texture for Neon to work with and is only working with the object color.. set either from Layer or by object can make a big difference. I always set color by object. then do the UV thing, and even with a simple metal texture map the texture to the UV and the Neon has something to work with to bounce light off of. Make sure to turn on SUN and turn off Skylight .. sun is better for placement and shadows as well as color and so forth..then once you get the hang of things.. you can start getting into the Invironments for you lighting ..that will really make a total difference in what you see in your renders!!!

Quite.jpg
  11. zathros

I need a UV turorial. I can't make heads or tails or it and I know it's something simple I am missing. I did have lights on it, and the model is one color with a very smooth surface. It was the only one I could find at the time. I am not too proud to take any help. ;)
    Cybergrinder likes this.
  12. zathros

This is a better representation of what Neon can do, which isn't much in my hands! :)

Neo1StealthStar.jpg
    Gandolf50 and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  13. Gandolf50

send me the .3dm file and I will do a simple UV tut on that ship. so you are familiar with it.

I went ahead and picked up Rhino 6 yesterday, as I was reading in the threads that it ships with cycles render engine as well as plain jane Rhino Render.. they are only using 1/10th of it's ability and have no node interface for materials..but the most of the render/materials etc have changed in the last few months since I quit using the beta build, I also understand they are working on full PBR rendering capabilities so there is promise! I will see if I can somehow work up a node editor of some kind for rendering as it also ships with grasshopper. I also picked up a free trial of Vray, but they want an arm/and a leg for it which I just do not understand as it, is the native render engine in several of the programs I already have perpetual licences for and they were in NO WAY as expensive as what they want for the plugin for Rhino!!! Go figure. It is far cheaper for me to convert to .FBX and import to say, substance painter, and REALLY add some great texture, and render in Substance with Vray! I can also now export directly from either Substance of via plugin to Unreal Engine and get UNREAL images and anim on the fly ! So spending any money on a Vray plugin for Rhino is just ridiculous! but it is nice..even though it is basically Neon on steroids with controls, and more options!

No fancy stuff here ..just a basic Albedo map what we used to call a Diffuse Map and Sun for light set in a studio environment, ... VRay is being used as a basic Raytracer in the the new Raytrace mode, but also as a screen interactive alot like Neon.

Same old SW LIUV first using Cycles Render in the Perspective Viewport...

Rhino6-Cycles-LI-UV1.jpg

and again using Vray..

Rhino6-Vray-LI-UV1.jpg

Vray picks up more of the Sun's color and is a bit cleaner image... but not FREE

Finally figured out how to get cycles render in the RENDER VIEWPORT on the fly ... as there are not many tutorials out there as of yet..and not many people use Rhino..for ART type rendering or the like!
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    spaceagent-9 and zathros like this.