Not a very Lionel Christmas

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
[FONT=&quot]I have read the few reports on the Lionel CW 80 transformer but since my daughters Polar Express has run fine with the CW 80 I just wrote all the bad talk off as a few people yelling a ton.

Well now include me as one of those that have been let down by the Lionel CW 80. I purchased a new CW 80 just to run another passenger train set up that I bought for my daughter. Since it was a new set up (the set did not come with a transformer) I thought I would include a new transformer with it.

Need I say that the new Lionel CW 80 made it for only a few laps around the Christmas tree. I was able to save the day by decommissioning my Pennsylvania RR Freight Line for the day.

I keep it unplugged for most of the day hoping it would work later but needless to say no luck. So much for my view on the Lionel CW 80 I just hope the other one goes prior to the warranty expiring.[/FONT]

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
The dealer did replace it today with out any problems. The other CW 80 has performed with out any problems. We have given it a heavy workout and I think this one will hold up. In addition the replacment has been working just as well.