nose cones

Discussion in 'North America' started by refitz, Aug 22, 2006.

1. refitz

refitz New Member

I'm working on some planes and having trouble getting the nose cones to come out right. any ideas:confused:
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What is wrong with them? ;)
  3. refitz

refitz New Member

they are not right i havean inner and outer. the outer is not covering the inner like it should.i'm having trouble rolling them also
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Why does your nose cone have an inner? All the ones I have done have been a series of strips joined by strips on the inside gradually coming to a point. Can you post a pic or two?
  5. refitz

refitz New Member

i HAVE A PHOTO BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST IT
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

:) lots of people have problems with that the first time :) you cant use teh quick reply. You click the reply button then you will get the editor with more options. Towards teh bottom of that page there is a spot called manage attachments. Hope that helps :)
    Chris
  7. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Refitz,

When you reply to a post, there is an 'additional options' section below the comment area. You'll have to scroll down to see it. Click on 'manage attachments' and it will tell you the types and sizes of files you can upload. There will be a typical browse button to search for your file to upload.
  8. refitz

refitz New Member

Hope This Works

Attached Files:

9. refitz

refitz New Member

Does That Help
  10. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Not sure why you are using an inner cone but just from a quick glance it appears that they are both the same size. Maybe make the inner one a bit smaller and then it will fit inside of the outer one.
  11. refitz

refitz New Member

Nose Cone

ok I'll try it thanks
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I would just try leaving it out all together unless it is for something specific to the model.
  13. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Refitz,

FlyNThings models use tabs and slots for their models, but the nose cone tabs (S,P) are totally unnecessary. I'd cut them off. Then simply curl the cone. I built the Zero but don't believe that there were tabs on the nose. You could also skip the inner cone (unless you plan on flying the plane a lot and need a really sturdy cone for crashes).
  14. refitz

refitz New Member

I had planed on trying just one thanks
  15. hpept

hpept Member

refitz,
    unless you are willing to build a flying model, i suggest to simply trash the inner cone and use only the outer "cosmethic" cone. i was going to suggest to cut the apex of the cone a little in a circular fashion to facilitate rolling of the point and avoid tip overlap, but i see that the model is already in this way.
  16. refitz

refitz New Member

thats what i'm going to do use just one