Northeast NTrak, Springfield, MA show

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
This weekend the Northeast Ntrak had their eleventh annual convention.
These pictures were shot in the Better Living Center building at Springfield, MA.
First shot was Friday noon as fellow modelers were arriving. Good thing they let you drive into the building to unload your modules. Parking lot still had a lot of ice and snow. That is my van upper right center.

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 170

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
SHOW TIME! Gates opened at nine AM Saturday for the public. View of the NorthEast NTrak layout. It was 30 foot wide and 69 foot long. Little bit smaller than last years event. Red line was for DCC operations. Believe the gate count was 16,953.

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 174

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
My favorite modules were those done by Harry Smith of New York. Those of you who were in Chantilly, VA this past summer might recognize his fantastic work. It took first place in VA but second at this show.

Attachments

• MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 168
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 161

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
It was a long weekend, but we all had a good time, saw a lot, met a lot of wonderful people and entertained countless children. About 2 PM Sunday we were all out of steam and shows end and breakdown, at 5 PM, could not come fast enough.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 164
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 168

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Excellent weekend all around, picked up a number of bargains and many new modeling ideas. The comradeship of the club members along with many of the manufacturing representatives made for memorable event. I might also add that I won the best of show award with my canyon and arch bridge module.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 168

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Bill ,congrats on winning and well deserved, the details were marvelous, it was a pleasure talking to you and I should have blown off that clinic I had to rush off to and talked to you some more. I sat in on three and really only liked the first one ,all the others were way to basic in nature and way too rushed to show people how to do things right.Big Pat

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Thank you for the congratulations and kind words ~ Wished I could post a picture of it, but all the pictures I have are too large to upload. I cannot readily get pictures of the module right now, because it is in storage.

John Sing, who attended the convention, did an extensive shoot of the show and has posted his pictures. On his posting he has several shots of the module and that of other fine works of fellow hobbiest. http://community.webshots.com/user/atsf_arizona_amherst_2005

nitnop3

Apr 20, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Winterfest 2005 N-Trak Layout

Congratulations Bill!

It took a year to do it, but your module was finally recognized for the fabulous creativity and meticulous attention to detail! The standards to which other modules should strive. Having been at the show myself, I would hazard to say that your two modules (which were placed side by side) seemed to consistently draw quite a crowd!

Next question is: What's next?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
"Next question is: What's next?"

How about the National train show in Cincinatti in July!

Bill,
CONGRATULATIONS ! !

It's always nice to pick up a little something extra at train shows, the show itself is is usually reward enough, but it's even better when your work is recognized that way.
Pete