North Korean Satellite Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Wow, it's been a few months since I've done a proper paper model, hasn't it? Sorry for the lack of work and such; real life work along with personal problems have been keeping me away from designing. The problems are still there and are all to real, but I'm coping now :mrgreen:

Anyways, I'm currently drawing up a model of the DPRK's latest satellite (and officially their first successful one); the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3. I've always been interested in the North Korean space program (or, as some would argue, the lack thereof), probably because it's just interesting to see what a backwards totalitarian state would come up with in the field of aeronautics and space.

I am almost three-quarters of the way through with the model parts, and if all goes well, I should be able to get the build done by the end of this weekend. For now, have a picture of the parts I've drawn up so far:

V0hm6.png

and apparently I still suck at randomization of textures:
NY7ZK.png

Z

Zathros

Supreme Leader will wear new pants suit for marvelous rocket you design!! You kwangmyongsong I sing you river of tears!

I feel so sorry for those starving North Koreans while this little fat dictator is stuffing his face and playing with rockets.

It's good that you make these models, it reminds people of these despots. :)