Norfolk Southern SD70M

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Chessie6459, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Here is a picture of Norfolk Southern SD70M #2616 at Gallitzin, Pa going down the west slope with a Piggyback train during Railfest 2003. Enjoy!! :wave:

Attached Files:

• NS.JPG
      NS.JPG
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
  2. brakie

brakie Active Member

I have never seen NS's SD70M with the flaired grills yet.. :cry: I live about 1500 feet from NS's Sandusky Line.. So,that will be my target engine come warm weather and I start railfaning again. :D I really like the "Nag head" scheme.
    Thanks for sharing. :wave:
  3. Chessie6459

Your Welcome Larry. I like sharing my photo's & showing them to everyone on here. Maybe you will get to see one of them when the weather is warmer. They are a common sight around here in Pa. Only 1500 ft? WOW :eek: And i live about 1 mile from the main line and where i live at i can see i would say about 5 miles of the long grade that comes through my town. Hope you get to see one and take a couple of photo's of it. :wave: :wave:
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

I have always been a fan of the C&O and N&W..After moving to Bucyrus 17 years ago I started railfaning the NS more.Railfan trips to Bellevue showed me what the NS is all about as I watched in awl as train after train entered or departed the Bellevue yard..So the NS became my favorite modern railroad.I have watch the CSX at the Willard yard but IMHO CSX can not match the NS as far as train activity..I am finally beginning to collect some HO NS locomotives after putting it off for the last 6 years..
  5. Chessie6459

I can see why you choose NS now. LOL I like NS but not as much as Old Chessie System. It is always a treat to watch the main line because you will see alot of different railroad names ( Diesels ) on there.
  6. railohio

railohio Active Member

Those 2600's are sharp! I'm thinking about getting on of the Athearn units when they are released, even though they are too new for my layout's theme.
  7. Chessie6459

Why yes they are brian and to boot this one has the new NS Logo on it. When will the athearn units be released?
  8. Chessie6459

Here is the SD70M as it passed by me on it's way downgrade. Got to love the new Logo.

Attached Files:

9. trainworm

trainworm Member

from what i have been hearing, Athearn may never do the flared radiator units in HO. that sucks... I just finished up 4 of them (2 UP, 2 NS) using the genesis bodies and the radiatord and phase 2 cabs from www.seprotomodels.com (their website is down, dont know what is going on with them)

Kato is going to be making these in N scale tho.
  10. railohio

railohio Active Member

That's okay, I'm in N scale. :D