Nomad Valley R.R.

Free-mo Tim

hello all:wave:
I am looking for some advice.
I am half finished with the building for my new siding. http://forum.zealot.com/t153025-2/
And I tried the building in place. I am not to happy with it, so I tried putting Interstate Fuel there instead. But I am not sure. Would you all take a look and see what you think?
The new building front or back in the corner.

Thanks
Loren

Loren,

Is the "correct" answer either a "choice A" or "choice B"? If it's limited to the 2, then I'd go with the oil terminal in the foreground.

I think that the ideas offered in the "new siding" discussion are very different from what you've got so far. How are the tracks in the foreground laid out? Which version did you build for?

Regards from Ohio......waiting for your reply!

Tim

Nomad

Kevin, thanks for the help.
I tend to agree. And if I did put the building in the corner, I was thinking of also putting a powerhouse and smoke stack. The other tracks on the new siding could possibly be a double team track? Not sure yet. Maybe somebody else has some ideas.

Loren

Kevinkrey

Glad to be of assistance:mrgreen:

Sounds like you have big plans for the new areas! Keep us posted, it is lookin great.:thumb:

scubadude

Loren, you're layout is looking BAD TO THE BONE! :thumb: I like Interstate Fuel in the front, you can really super-detail that kit and would look really cool with a couple of tank cars :thumb:. What if you position the big building in the back at an angle to the corner of the walls? Might set it off a little bit....

Gary S.

I like the second photo with the building in the back. Glad to see more progress, Loren. Keep up the good work.

Nomad

I too like the new building in back. It makes the layout look bigger. Now I am not sure what to do with the 4 tracks on the new siding. Any ideas anybody?

Loren

Kevinkrey

So there are 4 tracks in the front? maybe some sort of a local engine facility or something of that nature. Trains could stop an their way around the layout and get fuel (free for servicing the Interstate fuel station :twisted:) and make the round trip seem longer. But Im sure anything would look pretty sweet on that layout.

Nomad

Thanks again, Kevin. I have an engine service track in my yard. And I would want a engine service building. So again, another big building right in front. Dang.

Loren

Floyd

Loren thanks for posting the photo's of your layout. I just posted a message wanting to see it and checked the new posts and there it was:thumb: I really like the layout.....Especially the bridge you mentioned to me earlier. Does a person need a swivel chair to go round and round as you operate the systemsign1 Great job.

Nomad

Thanks Floyd, yeah the swivel chair really helps, but If I run em to fast I get dizzy:rofl:

Loren

rogerw

"Thanks Floyd, yeah the swivel chair really helps, but If I run em to fast I get dizzy":mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Floyd

Loren I worked on setting up the layout today and if you don't mind tooooo much, I think I will try to incorporate a bridge in the walkway to tie the two tables together. Can't believe that the painting of the room and working on the tables themselves has taken this long but I am satisfied with that aspect. I took some pictures and will try to post as soon as the film is developed. Now I wish I had a digital camera

Nomad

Sounds great, Floyd:thumb:. Looking forward to the pictures.
Why would I mind? All we do is give suggestions, it is your layout to do as you want.

Loren

Nomad

Thanks Dave.
Referring back to the post about locating the buildings, I decided to leave the big building in front. For one thing, the building was built for that area, and having it in front seems to make the other buildings look further away, making the layout look bigger.
In my other thread about the siding, I said I would have storage tanks on one track. I just bought the storage tank kit from scalescenes, so that's next on my list.
Loren